• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Ep3 caliper colour

Want to paint the calipers on my 2004 red Civic ep3. What are people's opinions? Red or yellow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went gun metal , kept them more oem that way. But I do like abit of colour :) and certainly better than rust as said above.

Black. Painted OEM's look sh1t.

Yeah my friends don't understand why I haven't painted mine, they don't make my car any quicker and it's time I don't want to spend for no gain. It's not a show car.

It just draws attention to the fact you have rubbish brakes IMO. I can kind of understand painting premier callipers and highlighting the embossed logo etc... Even then I'd still go black as the base colour.

If I see painted calipers I immediately think... ooooooh brembos/spoons etc, then look closer and think, oh no, you're just pretending you have good brakes.

I'm not pretending anything, just looks smarter in my opinion than the rusted look. Silver is fine.

I painted mine red when the old calipers seized.

I must admit I just assumed as it was a type R the originals were red but it sounds like that isn't the case.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

It just draws attention to the fact you have rubbish brakes IMO. I can kind of understand painting premier callipers and highlighting the embossed logo etc... Even then I'd still go black as the base colour.

If I see painted calipers I immediately think... ooooooh brembos/spoons etc, then look closer and think, oh no, you're just pretending you have good brakes.
Even 4pot Nissan brakes are black.

True, they were on the list of things to bin on my '33. Big ol' beastie to stop with those diddy little pistons though.

I would go with red personally. I've painted my calipers red with the tyre R embossed painted in white.

Each to there own though I guess?

Don't put R33 brakes at the top of your list for a replacement set :lol:

I drove a 32gtr with the OEM nissin calipers, they were SHOCKING. They'd be scary on track or coming down a mountain road, any fade and they'd be totally useless. I imagine the stag is something similar?... Get some decent 6 pots... you need them!

Back