• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Quality issues

Autocar magazine

For those interested I can tell you the they have just acquired an FK8 on long term test.
In this week's first report on it they mention it has the known issue of squeal when braking at low speeds.
Interestingly,they don't at the moment consider this to be a "fault".
Unless this disappears they will no doubt bring it to Honda's attention,so I await the outcome and whether a different pad compound emerges.

"In the slow crawl of rush hour traffic there's been a rather loud squeal from the Brembo brakes that draws glares from passing pedestrians."

Some pedestrians need to get a life...;)

As if we need more glares from pedestrian's!

If week 2 states "Ok brakes are getting a little annoying now'
Week 3 - " Really, really cant stand these brakes!'
Week 4 - "These.brakes.are.driving.me.insane'
Week 5 - 'DONT BUY THIS CAR'
Week 6 - 'All I can hear is squeaking....in my house, in my bed in the shower...I think I have lost it, who are you, what is this?'

Then Honda may announce a fix!!!

[video=youtube;fUNHb9O52WQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUNHb9O52WQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Porsche have made a video about it, I take it that they do it too

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone noticed that their steering wheel isn't perfectly straight?! Haven't hit any pot holes so can't imagine alignment is out, but now I've noticed it is slightly to the left when going straight, it's bugging me!

In other words "stop moaning about it you yank fairies"

Thanks for that though was helpful

I don't suffer as much as others but just seems a lottery from the manufacturing process

Anyone noticed that their steering wheel isn't perfectly straight?! Haven't hit any pot holes so can't imagine alignment is out, but now I've noticed it is slightly to the left when going straight, it's bugging me!

Common, last 3 new cars I have bought have been around a minute out and all I do is get the dealer to track it straight and had this on CRV, FK2 and FK8 now.

Gearbox issues
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...om/forum/showthread.php?t=398810&share_type=t

So, today it was apparent that I'm struck with a gearbox issue.

It's not the dreaded 2nd gear crunch but 4th gear lockout. On my drive home I was not able to select 4th gear, neither shifting up from 3rd nor shifting down from 5th. Of course it didn't happen all the time, but very often (I was basically shifting all the time after it happened first to see if I just did something wrong). I also noticed a strange sound while in 3rd which I haven't noticed before - I'm listening to music all the time but that sound still came through, but can't really locate the origin of it.

I tried to record it, but it doesn't really come out on the audio.

I'll contact my dealer about that tomorrow, let's see what he has to suggest.

:crying:

Is it just me or is the gearbox on the EP3 a better gearbox?

Driving my FD2 and an FK8 back to back I prefer the FD2 gearbox - and my clutch was heavily worn at the time. Just seems to slot into gear nicer, the FK8 I drove felt quite notchy to me in comparison. Odd, as I didn't recall that with Dotty's FK2 when I drove it.

I remember a review which stated the earlier type r's gear changes are better but they put that down to the heavier clutch and components needed to handle the increased torque with the newer cars

Mine is at a different dealership at the moment, the one I got it from are absolutely hopeless.. and I would not recommend them to anyone , Bracknell in case you’re wondering.

I noticed a paint defect on the bonnet the weekend I got it (3 months ago), and went in to said dealer and started the ball rolling only for it to be rejected by the dealer as a non-warranty defect - it went back three times as requested and I was eventually offered a discounted rate to get it sorted - as it turned out nothing actually reached Honda warranty despite the promises of that happening .. needless to say this was not the resolution I was expecting , so I went through Honda customer relations and on to another dealership (Newbury) Who I can’t recommend enough and the service advisor Craig is most helpful.. Will post the outcome soon.

98a36cdedfc0953e60f85ef9fb87b29e.jpg

Back