• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Did this over a week ago but only just got round to taking a pic.

Fitted my dashcam.

It's a VIOFO A119 v2

38155880935_0821c3ed51_b.jpg

24176120247_e39587d39b_b.jpg

I spent ages looking at cams deciding what I wanted. Nearly got a nextbase duo hd but most the cams were just too bulky and I wanted something inconspicuous, something I could leave in the car and forget about.

Finally, decided on this. The form factor is great, comes with gps and the usual additional functions. Capacitor based and the video quality is phenomenal!

n.b. this is not the link I used as I just asked for it for a birthday prezzie
https://www.amazon.co.uk/VIOFO-A119...1513209147&sr=8-1&keywords=viofo+a119+v2&th=1

I haven't hardwired it yet, just used the dual cigar adapter it comes with but I do have a kit to do it when I get time.

I use it with the gps mount and CPL filter.

If anyone's interested I could grab a clip off the camera but yeh.. massively happy with it.

I have purchased this because of your pictures.. it looks fantastic. Can I ask which bits of trim you took off (If any) to neatly run the wires to the power?

Don't need to remove any trim....the wire runs down the side of windscreen behind the flexible rubber then under the dash. Completely hidden from view. :)

I have purchased this because of your pictures.. it looks fantastic. Can I ask which bits of trim you took off (If any) to neatly run the wires to the power?

It does look smart. I hadn't considered a dashcam but that's fairly subtle.

wouldn't be without a dash cam now. I have had a couple of run ins with certain drivers of late (non my fault of course) and I make a point of turning the dash cam towards them with a big grin and its amazing how they back off....especially trades people in a branded wagon....

just a Halfords special Nextbase job, 512G

Wire hangs down but doesn't bother me

give it 5 years they will be standard - still said that about sat nav...

just a Halfords special Nextbase job, 512G

Wire hangs down
A Nextbase special....Halfords just one of the places you can buy them. :D
I use a Nextbase 412GW, also bought from Halfords funnily enough. :D
Why don't you tuck the cable in along top of window then down the side behind the rubber? That's what I done....takes 5 minutes and the cable can't be seen. Plug it into the 12v outlet behind the centre console and that can't be seen either. I was going to hardwire it but was no need. :)

I have done a few bits and bobs over the last week or so which included adding premium type-R car mats, painting the hubs black and fitting the A119 dash cam off the back of seeing how good it looked in SuperFLY's pictures earlier in the thread. However my personal favourite "mod" that I have done is painting the middle exhaust anodised red to match what it looked like on the concept car Honda demo'd prior to the FK8 launch. I thought it looked fantastic and never understood why they didn't carry it over into production.

https://image.ibb.co/c6Dgvy/red_exhaust.jpg

Excuse how dirty she is.. I'm having her detailed & ceramic coated shortly :D

Looks fab. What paint did you use?

Cheers.

The paint I used is called VHT Anodised Red Color Coat. The only way I can describe it is that it's a little bit like metal stain that allows the material underneath to come through, so by doing it over a chrome exhaust you still get that shine with a metallic effect.

Cheers.

The paint I used is called VHT Anodised Red Color Coat. The only way I can describe it is that it's a little bit like metal stain that allows the material underneath to come through, so by doing it over a chrome exhaust you still get that shine with a metallic effect.

Brilliant. Was it an exhaust off job?

Washed the car and found out that due to the roadworks everywhere now my car has hundreds, if not thousands, of little tar spots. Any recommendations on how to get rid of them without damaging the paint?

Tardis or any tar remover, halfords should stock autoglyms tar remover,
Just remember to wash the car after and reapply your protection

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers.

I was literally thinking of doing this the other day, and boom you've even given me the paint name! You sir are a gent and it looks absolutely fantastic well done

There is no way Ron has traded in by the way.....

Yes, but neither as it happens.....went with a complete change/upgrade to Audi.
My FK8 was actually pre sold for £29995 by the supplying dealer who got it back. Both dealers are at opposite sides of the same city. :)

Why did you get rid Ron? Thought you loved it? What Audi? If it doesn't have an S or RS at the end you ain't getting that Xmas card

Back