Home
Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Type R today?

Thanked 8,380 Times in 5,247 Posts

Looking at the way they've broken up and the heat marks going over the shoulders, you're either turning your wheel too much or you're running them too low pressure wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris. View Post
    Looking at the way they've broken up and the heat marks going over the shoulders, you're either turning your wheel too much or you're running them too low pressure wise.
    None of the above Chris, just track use with not enough camber.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Thanked 8,380 Times in 5,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    None of the above Chris, just track use with not enough camber.

Not enough camber won't make such a huge difference on the outside of the tyre, it's the toe that's important and from my own experience, spending lots of time with instructors and all sorts of different tyres/cars, I'd wager you're oversteering the car.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris. For This Useful Post:

TarmacNymph (07-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris. View Post
    Not enough camber won't make such a huge difference on the outside of the tyre, it's the toe that's important and from my own experience, spending lots of time with instructors and all sorts of different tyres/cars, I'd wager you're oversteering the car.
    I steer enough to get round the corner without understeer, there is occasion curb use. Please bear in mind the tyres have done 10 days on track.

fight
    Championship White Type R GT FK8 - Remus, Pipercross Panel Filter R-03927 - Happily offending VAG owners' eyes since Sept '17

106 Rallye S1, Saxo VTS, Type R EP3, Focus ST 225, VW GTi Mk6, Focus RS Mk1

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FaNtheMaN For This Useful Post:

Archer13 (05-11-2019)

Well as sacrilege as it sounds I fitted Rally Armour mudflaps to my Fk8 today. The amount of stone chips on the bottom of the rear doors living in rural Dorset was getting beyond a joke. I’m not a fan of mudflaps but they look a lot better in the flesh than in photos. Hopefully they will do the job an I may remove them in three years time when I no longer need to use the 11 mile rally stage to get to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Morris View Post
    Well as sacrilege as it sounds I fitted Rally Armour mudflaps to my Fk8 today. The amount of stone chips on the bottom of the rear doors living in rural Dorset was getting beyond a joke. I’m not a fan of mudflaps but they look a lot better in the flesh than in photos. Hopefully they will do the job an I may remove them in three years time when I no longer need to use the 11 mile rally stage to get to work.
    I have resisted but if I were going to keep would do too.

its weird....when i see people putting the flaps on it puzzles me as I have hardly any chips on my rear doors, or behind front wing. It is champ white, so it hides it better and there may well be loads, but I genuinely cant see or feel them..!
    Championship White Type R GT FK8 - Remus, Pipercross Panel Filter R-03927 - Happily offending VAG owners' eyes since Sept '17

106 Rallye S1, Saxo VTS, Type R EP3, Focus ST 225, VW GTi Mk6, Focus RS Mk1

Quote Originally Posted by FaNtheMaN View Post
    its weird....when i see people putting the flaps on it puzzles me as I have hardly any chips on my rear doors, or behind front wing. It is champ white, so it hides it better and there may well be loads, but I genuinely cant see or feel them..!
    I've got road rash on the front of my rear wheel arch protectors. So they will be getting removed and resprayed next year
    Championship White Type R GT FK2 , Tegiwa B Pipe, Remus Responder, Pipercross, Climair

topped up my windscreen washer bottle then accidentally dropped the filler cap into the engine bay
    30 mins of swearing in the dark with a torch and a cane finally got it close to a place in the undertray where i could get two fingers round it
    lesson learned
    Championship White Type R GT FK2 , Tegiwa B Pipe, Remus Responder, Pipercross, Climair