Home
Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 707

Thread: What did you do to your Type R today?

  1. #651
    Founder Chris.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    On track
    Posts
    53,652
    Thanked 8,380 Times in 5,247 Posts

    Default

    Looking at the way they've broken up and the heat marks going over the shoulders, you're either turning your wheel too much or you're running them too low pressure wise.

  2. #652
    Arcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    138
    Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris. View Post
    Looking at the way they've broken up and the heat marks going over the shoulders, you're either turning your wheel too much or you're running them too low pressure wise.
    None of the above Chris, just track use with not enough camber.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  3. #653
    Founder Chris.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    On track
    Posts
    53,652
    Thanked 8,380 Times in 5,247 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    None of the above Chris, just track use with not enough camber.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Not enough camber won't make such a huge difference on the outside of the tyre, it's the toe that's important and from my own experience, spending lots of time with instructors and all sorts of different tyres/cars, I'd wager you're oversteering the car.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris. For This Useful Post:

    TarmacNymph (07-11-2019)

  5. #654
    Arcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    138
    Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris. View Post
    Not enough camber won't make such a huge difference on the outside of the tyre, it's the toe that's important and from my own experience, spending lots of time with instructors and all sorts of different tyres/cars, I'd wager you're oversteering the car.
    I steer enough to get round the corner without understeer, there is occasion curb use. Please bear in mind the tyres have done 10 days on track.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  6. #655
    FaNtheMaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    1,539
    Thanked 239 Times in 191 Posts

    Default

    fight
    Championship White Type R GT FK8 - Remus, Pipercross Panel Filter R-03927 - Happily offending VAG owners' eyes since Sept '17

    106 Rallye S1, Saxo VTS, Type R EP3, Focus ST 225, VW GTi Mk6, Focus RS Mk1

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to FaNtheMaN For This Useful Post:

    Archer13 (05-11-2019)

  8. #656
    Dave Morris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    26
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Well as sacrilege as it sounds I fitted Rally Armour mudflaps to my Fk8 today. The amount of stone chips on the bottom of the rear doors living in rural Dorset was getting beyond a joke. I’m not a fan of mudflaps but they look a lot better in the flesh than in photos. Hopefully they will do the job an I may remove them in three years time when I no longer need to use the 11 mile rally stage to get to work.

  9. #657
    VTECMattC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    361
    Thanked 52 Times in 38 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Morris View Post
    Well as sacrilege as it sounds I fitted Rally Armour mudflaps to my Fk8 today. The amount of stone chips on the bottom of the rear doors living in rural Dorset was getting beyond a joke. I’m not a fan of mudflaps but they look a lot better in the flesh than in photos. Hopefully they will do the job an I may remove them in three years time when I no longer need to use the 11 mile rally stage to get to work.
    I have resisted but if I were going to keep would do too.

  10. #658
    FaNtheMaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    1,539
    Thanked 239 Times in 191 Posts

    Default

    its weird....when i see people putting the flaps on it puzzles me as I have hardly any chips on my rear doors, or behind front wing. It is champ white, so it hides it better and there may well be loads, but I genuinely cant see or feel them..!
    Championship White Type R GT FK8 - Remus, Pipercross Panel Filter R-03927 - Happily offending VAG owners' eyes since Sept '17

    106 Rallye S1, Saxo VTS, Type R EP3, Focus ST 225, VW GTi Mk6, Focus RS Mk1

  11. #659
    Xplicit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    112
    Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FaNtheMaN View Post
    its weird....when i see people putting the flaps on it puzzles me as I have hardly any chips on my rear doors, or behind front wing. It is champ white, so it hides it better and there may well be loads, but I genuinely cant see or feel them..!
    I've got road rash on the front of my rear wheel arch protectors. So they will be getting removed and resprayed next year
    Championship White Type R GT FK2 , Tegiwa B Pipe, Remus Responder, Pipercross, Climair

  12. #660
    Xplicit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    112
    Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    topped up my windscreen washer bottle then accidentally dropped the filler cap into the engine bay
    30 mins of swearing in the dark with a torch and a cane finally got it close to a place in the undertray where i could get two fingers round it
    lesson learned
    Championship White Type R GT FK2 , Tegiwa B Pipe, Remus Responder, Pipercross, Climair

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •