• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 windscreen washer woes !

Hi all,

Firstly hope everyone has managed to stay safe over the past few days in the snowy weather :)

Went out to the car yesterday morning to find that the windscreen washer jets weren't delivering any fluid #-o

The temperature was - 2 so I poured some warm water over the jets but still nothing...could hear the pump running though :|

Had to drive from the Midlands to Kent & couldn't get them to work the whole journey there !

Upon arrival we parked up on the roof of a Multi-storey in Tunbridge Wells,yesterday afternoon,& left the car for a couple of hours to go & have lunch...upon return they worked so must have thawed out :smt041

Left the car overnight,outside the hotel,& this morning not working again but pump still running...I know it's cold but it's not that bloody cold !

The motorways were covered in salt/grit & it didn't take long before the windscreen was a right state...very difficult to see out & had to keep pulling over at the services to pour water over the screen :mad:

Made it home safely this evening but now the pump has stopped running #-o

Hopefully it's just a fuse that's popped :confused: [-o<

Anybody else been encountering problems ?

Screen wash that's in there is what Honda put in at the last service BTW....

Regards,Mark.

I expect the water to washer fluid mixture ratio is not ideal for the weather we are currently experiencing. My work vehicle was the same this morning but I topped it up with mostly washer fluid and it began to work at the weather thawed a little throughout the day.

I would not be too concerned.

Edit : it won’t be a fuse as it wouldn’t have worked in the multi story car park. I would put it solely down to sub zero temps. Get some more washer fluid in there.

Hi dotty :)

Yeah I know the fuse was intact when it worked :lol: but now I can't hear the pump running after impatiently trying it about a million times on the return journey today :whistle

Regards,Mark.

Same with mine today.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi Jason :)

So it's not just my FK2 then #-o

Can't say I've ever had this problem in any other Civic !

I'm guessing the heat from the engine while it was parked in the Multi-Storey gradually thawed out the pipes/jets but not much use while driving on the M25/M40 when the screen is caked in grime & they really need to work but won't !

If it was minus 20 I wouldn't be surprised but it's not ](*,)

Regards,Mark.

With dotty on that one, poor wash fluid,
Mine did the same Tuesday morning, tescos blue screen wash (stay away from that *****), not only does it stain your paint work it freezes at crap temperatures.

I went back to using Prestone screen wash, works to -10 soon sorted itself after a few squirts

Quick update :)

Windscreen washer system has finally thawed itself out & started working this afternoon :smt041

Just need to empty the tank of that garbage honda put in there & fill it with something that's actually up to the job :p

Regards,Mark.

Back