• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 MyHonda dongle thing?

Does anyone have one of these fitted to an FK8?

I took delivery of my car on 1st March, with the 5yr service / warranty + dongle package, but the dongles were out of stock at the time (incompatible with the FK8 so being replaced) therefore not fitted.

Has anyone received / fitted one of these yet? (And got it working?)

- So that I know whether or not to remind the supplying dealer about it?

Thanks
N.

I took delivery of my car on 1st March, with the 5yr service / warranty + dongle package, but the dongles were out of stock at the time (incompatible with the FK8 so being replaced) therefore not fitted.

Thanks
N.
I'm in same position as you,except they told me to make an appointment with the service person to get it,and I've not got round to it yet.

BUT,as an old non-tech person,what,in simple terms does it do??? :confused:

All you need to do is install the app on your phone and the dealer installs the dongle - takes all of 5 minutes.

Once the app is paired via the cars VIN and a PIN it shows thinks like:

Drive miles for the week
Last route
Where the car is located
Fuel level
Health check
Driving style for the week - be warned this includes a record of how many minutes over 80 MPH!

Google My Honda app and you'll find the FAQ

All you need to do is install the app on your phone and the dealer installs the dongle - takes all of 5 minutes.

Once the app is paired via the cars VIN and a PIN it shows thinks like:

Drive miles for the week
Last route
Where the car is located
Fuel level
Health check
Driving style for the week - be warned this includes a record of how many minutes over 80 MPH!

Google My Honda app and you'll find the FAQ

OK,Thanks,I'll get it done!

yes, some people don't like it for reasons like it recording said speed and the Honda T&C's say if required they may share your vehicles data with law enforcement may the BiB request it.

however for me, it is a good peace of mind thing knowing if you're out for dinner that the car is still parked where you left it or if your dealer say he needs to take it for a test drive (and assuming he doesn't deactivate it somehow) you can see where they go with it.

I also got a notification warning message on my phone that my car possibly being towed when I had jacked up the front nearside corner to remove a stone that had lodged itself between the disc and caliper. I've even viewed my car on the move during a dealer test drive, it's kinda freaky seeing your car live data, the app updates location, engine RPM and speed every 2-3 seconds. I was screenshot ready should the speed go above 90mph :) :lol:

I think the benefits outweigh the risk of it being used against you.

They were out of stock when I collected mine a few weeks ago but got a call from the dealer last week to say they had them in and call round so they could fit it for me, took 10 minutes to connect and fit, not really looked at it to be honest lol

Thanks
N.

not compatible with FK8? Considering I had mine fitted by the dealer back in Oct that's a weird thing to be told.

took a few mins, paired up with my phone and job done.

i did have the tracking turned on for a bit but turned it off now as i'd rather it not record everything i do.

the app is buggy, can't delete any existing routes as it just errors.

but it's handy for other things. if i drop my car off for a service or something the route tracking is being turned right back on. ;)

Can you just turn up at the dealer and sort of ask for one?
Don't know if I really want one but would hate to be missing out :D

Can you just turn up at the dealer and sort of ask for one?
Don't know if I really want one but would hate to be missing out :D

Don't think they are free.I thought it was a limited offer that was free with the service pack.
Otherwise it was £200+ ?

Both Myself and a mate both had one fitted and set up for free.
My car has the service plan and my mates did not but Both of us never paid a thing.

Maybe im wrong and you do pay and if thats the case then im chuffed that i never had to.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I got a letter from Honda saying they were free now and just to book in for it to be fitted. Which I did and it was in about 5 minutes.

I phoned the dealer and asked if I was missing out or could I get one. No problem, they would fit one at no cost and I just have to arrange a time to turn up and get it done. Sorted :)

The dongle also records what clothes you are wearing, the garages you go to and the beverages you buy using the on board cameras and sells this info to retailers who then send you offers. no lie.

or, or insurance companies can see you were on the track when you stacked it into the tyre wall, not a hit and run in a car park....

This is the start people....next thing you know Sarah and Arnie are running around trying to take down skynet...:lol:

It was the "driving style" points chart that got me thinking, strong braking, strong acceleration, driving more than 80mph
Seems a bit suspect, as the saying goes "nothing is free in this world"

Back