Home
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tuned their FK8?

The dealer is in Llandudno - https://www.northwaleshonda.co.uk/

I think it was the DP I was speaking too. he was praising the increased mid-range punch and improved fuel economy. It could almost pay for itself!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mondie For This Useful Post:

FaNtheMaN (13-01-2020)

well at least its not far away....not compared to the moon..!

I guess all warranty work would need to be done through themselves which would be an ache of ball. I will get in touch though, see whats what..

Cheers Mondie!!!
    Championship White Type R GT FK8 - Remus, Pipercross Panel Filter R-03927 - Happily offending VAG owners' eyes since Sept '17

106 Rallye S1, Saxo VTS, Type R EP3, Focus ST 225, VW GTi Mk6, Focus RS Mk1

Let me know what they say and I will try and drop in later this week and ask a few questions too. They are into the rally scene and often have modded cars out the front or in for work so they may be a bit more savvy than your typical dealer. Fortunatley, they are walking distance for us.

So far the very nice salesman has sent me this word doc.... He seems very reluctant to talk of the warranty though, and instead sent me a link to this when I asked him:

https://www.superchips.co.uk/s/warranty

I then followed up with, "so will honda North wales as the centre that installed it honour the warranty?" Will let you know
    Championship White Type R GT FK8 - Remus, Pipercross Panel Filter R-03927 - Happily offending VAG owners' eyes since Sept '17

So they will warrant the fault if Honda refuse ONLY if the superchip is the cause,
    So in a nutshell 0 warranty from both parties because neither will admit fault

Quote Originally Posted by dweezle View Post
    So they will warrant the fault if Honda refuse ONLY if the superchip is the cause,
    So in a nutshell 0 warranty from both parties because neither will admit fault
    my thoughts entirely

I am surprised that a Honda Dealer is peddling this. Some chump may go for it in good faith, then be left holding his plonker should the worse happen...

it's the wash and vac that (also) worries me - I remember seeing someones car being washed at a Honda dealership with a yard brush if I'm not mistaken

although I'm sure being a welsh dealership they should insist on lambswool mitts for the buff up
    Championship White FK8 GT #R-14874 (PSN: allycooke)

Quote Originally Posted by FaNtheMaN View Post
    my thoughts entirely

I am surprised that a Honda Dealer is peddling this. Some chump may go for it in good faith, then be left holding his plonker should the worse happen...
    I'm surprised a dealer is pushing a chip mod on to customers, HUK wouldn't be happy

Thanked 8,447 Times in 5,285 Posts

Since when have dealers been a single source of truth? Most Iíve dealt with are incompetent idiots. The warranty is dealt with by Honda UK, and if they find out the car has been mapped they will not pay out. End of.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris. For This Useful Post:

soichiro (14-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by FaNtheMaN View Post

So far the very nice salesman has sent me this word doc.... He seems very reluctant to talk of the warranty though, and instead sent me a link to this when I asked him:

https://www.superchips.co.uk/s/warranty

I then followed up with, "so will honda North wales as the centre that installed it honour the warranty?" Will let you know
    I am not getting too far on the warranty situation either but will keep pushing Sam. I have been provided with a dyno chart which shows the map mirrors the stock tune to 2700rpm then offers rapidly increasing torque and better power - headline figures are + 40hp and 88Nm. The increase in midrange punch would be significant on the road. Do these figures mirror the Honda Superchip promo car you mentioned?

It does seem odd that a longstanding Honda dealer would be pushing this but then be so vague on the warranty situation, but I am not ready to give up yet. They are going to have to clarify this or who in their right mind is even going to consider it on a nearly new car.