• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 secondary o2 sensor question

I was driving back from work the other night and there was a dead dear around the corner, I could not avoid it and drove straight over it? Luckily it was small so no damage was caused to my front bumper ect, however after looking under the car today, I have discovered my secondary o2 sensor has been pulled completely out of the plug, ie wires snapped ect. So I’ve temporarily tucked and cable tied it up out the way. I have plugged in my code reader and there’s no codes stored or pending? And no eml light on.
My question is will it harm driving it around with no secondary sensor being attached.
My car is an ep3 and has been remapped with k100 ect, would this explain why the eml light has not come on?
Cheers.

Secondary O2 sensor monitoring has probably been switched off within your map so that’s why there’s no fault code.
However I’d still check the wiring and correctly insulate it to prevent any further problems in the future.

Secondary O2 sensor monitoring has probably been switched off within your map so that’s why there’s no fault code.
However I’d still check the wiring and correctly insulate it to prevent any further problems in the future.

Ok cheers, I was thinking of getting a secondary o2 sensor from eBay just to plug back in ect, thanks

You could probably repin the wires and reattach them to the plug? Probably better to do something with it at least.

You could probably repin the wires and reattach them to the plug? Probably better to do something with it at least.

I agree, the pins are pulled out the plug but the plug is still plugged in to the connector if that makes sense. I think I’m going to buy a second hand one off eBay and fit it back in ect.

I'd be tempted to just remove the wiring at the connector up by the manifold and replace the sensor with a blanking bung bolt thingy. Cheap, tidy and available on the bay for a few quid.

I'd be tempted to just remove the wiring at the connector up by the manifold and replace the sensor with a blanking bung bolt thingy. Cheap, tidy and available on the bay for a few quid.

Hi there, thanks for that, I don’t suppose you have a link to this item? Cheers

Back