• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Object approaching warning in rain!

Had this issue in the last couple of days,probably the **** weather lately,will stick with it till it becomes troublesome or dries out!

I'm sure this doesn't need confirming, but for clarity, my non FK8 just a regular 1.0L Civic features all the annoying points mentioned in this thread.

So the beeeeping, warning warning warning, beeeeeeping, braking, beeeeeeping, warning warning warning is not exclusive to the FK8 model.

Just saying.

Pretty sure they're behind the windscreen at the top, which would explain why a screen replacement isn't a doorstep job

The windscreen radar is for the more severe Collison detection and automatic cruise control (ACC).

The difference between the two AFAIK is when the windscreen radar is triggered you get the orange square with the exclamation mark on the dash (like when the car in front is braking and the car thinks you have failed to lift off the gas or apply the brakes accordingly).

The "warning object approaching" is the 3 red lines you get when someone walks in front of the car while your queued up in traffic. this sensor is on the bumper in the gloss black trim next to the (RED!) Honda badge :)

I'm sure this doesn't need confirming, but for clarity, my non FK8 just a regular 1.0L Civic features all the annoying points mentioned in this thread.

So the beeeeping, warning warning warning, beeeeeeping, braking, beeeeeeping, warning warning warning is not exclusive to the FK8 model.

Just saying.

The grilles are different. The dealership has confirmed the issue with the normal civics are different to the type r civics, but there is also an issue with the sensors on them.

looks like they've pulled the recall on this for one of the versions. Was just on MaRIS (looking for info on my FK2R) and iirc saw that the recall on the non-typeR versions was revoked.

not sure about others but with the recent change in weather it seems mine is getting worse in that it's now even complaining when it's not raining or hasn't been washed for ages.

(I know that's the not the done thing but it's been about 3 weeks since I last washed the ol' girl).

Issue with the lower models I heard was due to the location of the sensor, they sent out a fix but for got to fit the sensors so had to recall it back, doh.

Told it will be January.

hi friends, i m from spain and i have type r fk8 2018, actually have this problem when it rain, i told with honda and they said that still no have solution....

actually someone has solved this problem? the new type r 2020 have a new grill, they should change our sensors and grill .....

PD: sorry i dont speak english well.

Regards

Back