• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Object approaching warning in rain!

I've noticed when it's raining the 'object approaching' warning comes on from my front parking sensors! i took it to the main dealer in Swansea today to be told they're aware of the issue and Honda are trying to find a fix. Apparently i'm the second in Swansea to complain of it but the Cardiff Honda dealer has 14 civics with this issue, their only suggestion was to turn off the parking sensors, which is absolute crap!

it wouldn't be that bad but the warning sound is deafening (it's as if i'm right up next to an object)! anyone else had this issue on here? any local fixes to overcome this issue?

What makes it worse is it's intermittent, so i never know when it's going to come on but it comes on and off whether i've stopped or driving!

I've noticed when it's raining the 'object approaching' warning comes on from my front parking sensors! i took it to the main dealer in Swansea today to be told they're aware of the issue and Honda are trying to find a fix. Apparently i'm the second in Swansea to complain of it but the Cardiff Honda dealer has 14 civics with this issue, their only suggestion was to turn off the parking sensors, which is absolute crap!

it wouldn't be that bad but the warning sound is deafening (it's as if i'm right up next to an object)! anyone else had this issue on here? any local fixes to overcome this issue?

What makes it worse is it's intermittent, so i never know when it's going to come on but it comes on and off whether i've stopped or driving!

It's happened on my own and had same issue with another 10th gen in the family. It's a common issue with the sensor placement on the front grill and they normally swop it out to fix the problem, but chances are there's not a modified grill available yet for the type r so it's a headscratch untill more owners kick up and they do something about it

Don't be robbed off with being told to turn off the parking sensors, it's a permanent fix you want

Yea I wasn’t impressed with their response. They showed me Hondas response which basically translated to- we haven’t decided how to fix it at the cheapest price yet, keep driving with the issue and we will try find a fix.

Get it reported mate the more that report it the quicker they’ll find a fix.....I hope

Does it also slam on the anchors fearing impending doom? Had that happen a couple of times, scared the life out of me (and the drive behind no doubt)....

Oh yes, its dangerous! i don't get how they cant find a fix for it, apart from just turning the sensor off!

I've not had that issue yet, but I'm intrigued as to how you get your front parking sensors to be deafening? Mine are barely audible even when close to an object.

Does it also slam on the anchors fearing impending doom? Had that happen a couple of times, scared the life out of me (and the drive behind no doubt)....

had that more than once on the motorway.

cruise control on, clear road ahead, no one indicating into my lane yet suddenly the brakes come on hard.

first couple of times i presumed it got confused with the lane divider or something but it's happened enough to make me wonder wtf is going on.

I've not had that issue yet, but I'm intrigued as to how you get your front parking sensors to be deafening? Mine are barely audible even when close to an object.

Not 100% sure but I think you can turn the volume up on the sensors, if not you could have a fault as they're quite loud

Something doesn't seem right, perhaps there's a volume setting, I certainly know if I'm close enough to a car to get the red lines, and that's what I get in the rain!

Thanks - I have looked at all the volume settings, but they seem to relate to the Honda Sensing options and nothing for just the parking sensors. I've tried upping all the configurable options but they have no effect on the parking sensors. I'll ask the dealer to have a look as it's due for service soon.

BTW - the rear sensors are OK, it's the front ones that are too low to hear even with the radio on a low volume.

Anyone else had any joy with a dealer at present? Have mine booked in for sensors going banannas when it rains along with a notchy box but expecting the head scratching with the sensors

Anyone else had any joy with a dealer at present? Have mine booked in for sensors going banannas when it rains along with a notchy box but expecting the head scratching with the sensors
Not booked mine in, but a logical guess is to do with rain leaking onto the sensor. Guess a clean wipe to the sensor would fix it each time?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

mine has only started doing this recently. Not a peep earlier in winter. Ah the quirks.

Sorry to hear your gear box is notchy FK8R....

Not booked mine in, but a logical guess is to do with rain leaking onto the sensor. Guess a clean wipe to the sensor would fix it each time?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Cleaning it made no difference to me, it's when it's raining it shows as object approaching despite there being nothing around. The standard models had the same issue and honda released a modified grill to solve it on them once enough people kicked up a fuss, problem lies with the sensor placement in the grill but the likelihood is if not many type r owners have complained yet they haven't made a new grill. Turning them off as a fix shouldn't be an option either, I've daily driven countless other cars with sensors that never went crazy as soon as it rained

Cleaning it made no difference to me, it's when it's raining it shows as object approaching despite there being nothing around. The standard models had the same issue and honda released a modified grill to solve it on them once enough people kicked up a fuss, problem lies with the sensor placement in the grill but the likelihood is if not many type r owners have complained yet they haven't made a new grill. Turning them off as a fix shouldn't be an option either, I've daily driven countless other cars with sensors that never went crazy as soon as it rained

Ahh, looks like everyone should start reporting them back to the dealership, when I get the chance I will. Need people power!

I've reported it direct to Honda now and they've said a fix is in progress but they can't give timescales. The dealer has just said their waiting on Honda to have a fix but they're well aware of the issue. I think everyone just needs to complain to get noticed. It impacts the standard civics too apparently.

Doesn't make sense, they get it to work in the fk2 yet have issues using it on the 8

Yeah makes you wonder, never had an issue with them in my fk2 at all. Once the winter kicks in more people might see it popping up, again it's worth pointing out to a dealer as there's a definite issue there. I've been told aswell there's a fix on the way for the type r, if I hear anymore from the dealer I'll update

For those of you who have this issue I had a response back from Honda today....hopefully it can be sorted soon!

I can confirm that the stage that we are at with this issue is that the factory are currently at the final stage of investigations. A fix has been found for this but the parts are currently on production, once these parts are ready this part can then be fitted to your car to resolve the issues that you have raised. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you during this time. Please be assured that any customer who has contacted their dealer directly and raised this matter with them will be contacted as a priority when the parts are released.

At this time, may I suggest that you keep in regular contact with your dealer and they will advise you further when the parts are available.

Back