• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Winter tyres

So my OEM winter tyres arrived and were fitted yesterday despite the 15C temps we currently have in UK.

They look better than I was expecting. Not much clearance around the caliper!

Initial impressions, they are so quiet and the ride is so compliant compared to the normal 20" wheels and tyres. Ride in sport now feels like comfort. Grip level is way down but in normal driving they feel fine allowing more movement and less harsh traction control intervention.

I'm happy at the moment.

[/IMG]
b6f9a530a10549c5e5099b543fa3dfdf.jpg
2fbd50c37d4415cb9bd29c353d82999d.jpg
fdecc7ba14c9c9a4705cc3bab27d1c74.jpg
5c8606ce5f9985b999f1ea0fff56846f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
250b283c7309b1e17603f5462ec52b02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mines fitted today, here is a picture.
For info my original FK8 tyres had done 5500 miles and had the following tyre tread left
Front left 3.1mm
Front right 3.8mm
Rear left 5.1mm
Rear right 4.9mm

313b212dbcc1ebc2f603a82eb62f67c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

j3sus! literally a rizla paper in clearance with your Brembo's there!!

I admire your attitude to safety and self preservation, but I couldn't personally get on with the looks. Last winter wasn't too bad on the standards, just need to seal my wheels daily..!

Package was nearly £1700, so not cheap. Alloys on their own were c£900 but cost of the same or equivalent premium brand tyres meant the package was better VFM and far less hassle. Local dealer supplied and fitted them for me - Marshalls Narborough.

You can do it much cheaper with after market alloys but i wanted to stay OEM.

I've run winters on my cars for the last 5yrs or so and wouldn't do a UK winter without them now - last year i had to take the CTR out 2 or 3 times in the ice/snow and it was not good on the b-roads i need to use to get the kids to school and me to work.

I managed to get a discount and got them for, £1615.. the local Honda garage will also store my wheels and fit them at the beginning and end of each season for as long as I have the car. I would also add that as these are manufacture accessories, there is no additional cost to my insurance.

I think they will be worth it, I live in central Scotland and will give me peace of mind when traveling with my little one during the winter season.

I don't think they look to bad....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

B roads and Scotland completely understandable!!

I think if you had them painted black, its the silver which is throwing me.

They don't look too bad in my opinion, that clearance on the calliper isn't great to be honest, I presume the weights have to go on the outer edge of the rim?
I think I'll stick with buy another car for winter driving, £1500 gets something reasonable these days.

Balancing weights are still on the inside. Clearance isn't as bad as the photos look but there isn't a huge amount of space. I thought about the FK2 wheel option but eBay wheels come with their risks plus 19" winters are going to be $$. The looks of the 18" are growing on me. I think the silver is the biggest change to adjust to May be I won't wash them for the winter!

Plastidip removable rubber spray is an option, It's what most use during the winter,
I don't mind the look of them, suits the cars above but on the other colours they could look odd

Did you need to get the tyre monitoring system reset to accommodate the new wheels?...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you need to get the tyre monitoring system reset to accommodate the new wheels?...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The technician who fitted them to my car said the type R does not have a specific winter tyre setting for the TPMS. He said the system is calibrated for 18" to 20" wheels but he didn't sound too convinced himself. I haven't driven it far but so far no warning lights.

Plastidip removable rubber spray is an option, It's what most use during the winter,
I don't mind the look of them, suits the cars above but on the other colours they could look odd

Have you used this yourself or know anyone who has? I am wondering if its worth doing on the standard rims to protect from salt, etc....

what wheels and tyres did you go for?
i'm running a combo of nokian and bridgestones, and in the worst of it the bridgestones seem to suit the FK2 very slightly better.

i'e never thought of plastidip. maybe something to look into as one of my winter wheels has a nice scratch in it. did what they were meant to though - i seem to remember catching it on the hidden kerb when it snowed, where the slush builds up on the side of road.

Have you used this yourself or know anyone who has? I am wondering if its worth doing on the standard rims to protect from salt, etc....

Never used it myself but since I've been forum active It was near norm for owners to plastidip their alloys especially at winter

i've not (knowingly) seen the glossifier plastidip in the flesh, but you can tell the base plastidip stuff it's not a normal finish.... which is fine for winter wheels.
somewhat tempted to go with the clear stuff but when the wheels only cost £450, i really dont care enough about 'em to spend the effort with prep and applying.

Back