Home
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodwood FoS...

Default Goodwood FoS...

Got home from work earlier and the honda dealership called....
    The salesman who sold me my car offered me a free ticket for the FoS on Thursday. Nice gesture I thought and then he mentioned that I could take the demonstrator R out for a ragging on the Goodwood hill climb track
    2 seconds later it was a done deal.......No pressure on seeing how far I can push the R given I haven't tracked mine yet.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kev S For This Useful Post:

sunday_driver (02-07-2019)

Done that last year, what dealership offered that? Yeomans?
    Polished Metal FK8 Type R

Suzuki Swift

Alumni - 106, Saxo VTR, C-Class, 206 GTi, A3, Evo VIII, Golf, Type R EP3, Cooper S, 370Z

Yes mate. Did you have fun...daft question I suppose..

Yeah, you’ll enjoy it. Other manufacturers have professional drivers, Honda are decent enough to let you drive yourself.

Suzuki Swift

Alumni - 106, Saxo VTR, C-Class, 206 GTi, A3, Evo VIII, Golf, Type R EP3, Cooper S, 370Z

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Archer13 For This Useful Post:

Kev S (02-07-2019)

I am sorry WTF???? I have been going to Goodwood both as member of the public, and taking clients for 10+ years and I've never even got as much as sniff of the tarmac.....And your Honda Dealer invites you up the hill????!!!! Right, Chiswick Honda, I've got the hump...
    Championship White Type R GT FK8 - Remus, Pipercross Panel Filter R-03927 - Happily offending VAG owners' eyes since Sept '17

106 Rallye S1, Saxo VTS, Type R EP3, Focus ST 225, VW GTi Mk6, Focus RS Mk1

Quote Originally Posted by FaNtheMaN View Post
    I am sorry WTF???? I have been going to Goodwood both as member of the public, and taking clients for 10+ years and I've never even got as much as sniff of the tarmac.....And your Honda Dealer invites you up the hill????!!!! Right, Chiswick Honda, I've got the hump...
    If you go on a Thursday and it's quiet around the tents at the bottom of the hill, ask the Honda dealer there if you can take one. Think it's only Yeomans that are representing Honda at Goodwood

Suzuki Swift

yeah Fan, apparently they only consider taking people up the hill with OEM exhausts.

If you can't make it Kev, let me know I'll be only too glad to help out ;-)
    Championship White FK8 GT #R-14874 (PSN: allycooke)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allycooke For This Useful Post:

FaNtheMaN (04-07-2019), Kev S (03-07-2019)

is it so crazy though that Honda listen to customer feedback? In the time of the i30N and even the 3 cylinder fiesta ST giving pops and bangs, Honda missed a trick. Especially after the FK2 got a negative press regarding exhaust sound. My remus is great but come on Honda!! There is still time!!
    Championship White Type R GT FK8 - Remus, Pipercross Panel Filter R-03927 - Happily offending VAG owners' eyes since Sept '17

106 Rallye S1, Saxo VTS, Type R EP3, Focus ST 225, VW GTi Mk6, Focus RS Mk1

is it so crazy though that Honda listen to customer feedback? In the time of the i30N and even the 3 cylinder fiesta ST giving pops and bangs, Honda missed a trick. Especially after the FK2 got a negative press regarding exhaust sound. My remus is great but come on Honda!! There is still time!!
    Not quite so sure they missed a trick. I like the way my type R sounds. I'd like it to be selectively a little louder (cue the Remus purchase!) but i don't want it to pop and bang all the time. Someone i know has a golf R with the akra exhaust and it does it constantly.

It's really funny the first time it does it...with your mates....sunny day driving through town, but after about 1 week i can imagine it getting really tedious. For example Traffic jams, getting to work, driving round car parks etc? There's a lad round the corner from me who had a Fiat 500 Abarth, clearly tuned to pop as loudly as possible. Makes me smile in sympathy every time he drives past.

Sorry, had a think about this and have just decided i'm getting old, aren't I!!!!!! Actually they should have tuned sport or R+ to make lots of noise and had the ability to turn it off in comfort. Perfect world.

Enjoy your cars guys, i know i do!!

Popping exhausts are embarrassing/annoying.
    R#3- Cosmic Grey 06 plate Prem EP3
    R#2- Nighthawk Black FN2 GT, R#1- Satin Silver Prem EP3