Home
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gruppe M or Eventuri please help me chosse ?????????

Just passing

Actually modding now, took time out from forums as I even got fed up with myself and concentrated on my plans with the car,

Booked in this Friday for a brake overhaul,
    EBC floating front discs,
    EBC grooved rears,
    Dream lines,
    And finally on Friday my full set of Endless mx72 plus pads turned up from Japan (I originally ordered the PBS pads but being non road legal I didn't fancy any MOT risk and returned them.

Few weeks back I bagged the "damaged" GruppeM intake from Tegiwa off eBay, (damage is a miniscule chip in the resin which is an easy fix if it bothers me enough,
    Will be fitting that beginning of August after my insurance goes out.
    In the week the carbon bonnet is getting ordered, really looking forward to that one, but I'm a tad worried about future fitment issues with the GruppeM.

MOT week Friday
    Will pop back sometime after that as I have questions regarding aftermarket seats, my fat arse has completely forced the bolsters out of shape.

Oh and alloys are happening sooner than planned, the originals are looking a right mess, corrosion and blistering under the paint, shocking really for their age.
    Last edited by dweezle; 07-07-2019 at 08:55 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dweezle For This Useful Post:

D3ano (07-07-2019), dotty (07-07-2019), jasonstatus (08-07-2019), veehexx (08-07-2019)

It's good to see you back on here mate.
    Was starting to think you had done something stupid like buying a FK8

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jasonstatus For This Useful Post:

dweezle (08-07-2019)

good on ya dweezle. will be keeping an eye out for a mod thread form you and some info n the gruppem.

i've stopped modding recently. got a bit out of depth with expenditure on it all in the last 12months. full set of tyres and pad replacement after 3 weeks have really upset the dynamic. good choices on brakes. i think i'll be going similar path with brakes in a few years when i need to replace. not a fan of these PBS as they feel a bit wooden sometimes (which the hc800's didnt)
    FK2R Mods: Remus cat-back, Remus Responder, K&N Panel Filter, Girodisc 2peice discs, Carbone Lorraine RC6e Pads, HEL oil cooler, TDI-North Intercooler, HCTR Brake Cooling Ducts || Audio: stock + Audison APBX10DS sub || Summer: OE 19" wheels, 255/35r19 PS4S & Cup2

6. The Following User Says Thank You to veehexx For This Useful Post:

dweezle (08-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by veehexx View Post
    good on ya dweezle. will be keeping an eye out for a mod thread form you and some info n the gruppem.

i've stopped modding recently. got a bit out of depth with expenditure on it all in the last 12months. full set of tyres and pad replacement after 3 weeks have really upset the dynamic. good choices on brakes. i think i'll be going similar path with brakes in a few years when i need to replace. not a fan of these PBS as they feel a bit wooden sometimes (which the hc800's didnt)
    I've a thread on here somewhere in 2015 I think

Brake hunting was a headache if I'm honest, thought I'd found the best pads but then you find out they're track only or have excessive noise or dust, then I learned it's best not to mix compounds on front and rears which led me to the highly rated endless pads, UK supplier wanted over £500 for the full set with a 2 week delivery so I imported the same set for £300 (was 200 odd until PayPal stuck charges on for an international payment) which then bumped it past the import tax so £80 bill followed.

I did learn something regarding our front pads, my Endless fronts are labelled Mitsubishi and Subaru which got me panicking BUT if you pop on Brembo's site our front pads are compatible with the 2006 Lancers and Subaru estates, which also gave me the Brembo part number that cross matches Honda's part number and you then find out that (if I've read right) the front pads Honda sell you for over £150 are actually selling for £56.99 on Eurocarparts or £28.50 on discount

Quote Originally Posted by jasonstatus View Post
    It's good to see you back on here mate.
    Was starting to think you had done something stupid like buying a FK8

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Christ No I'm still seeing complaints pop up on twitter and YouTube comments, Can't see me getting another new Honda, this one is near paid off so either a keeper or go old Honda.
    I'm also staying out of the Fk8 threads, I was genuinely doing my own head in
    I only popped on because Google showed up a recent GruppeM post, was hoping for some info before I ordered this bonnet.

Quote Originally Posted by dweezle View Post
    I did learn something regarding our front pads, my Endless fronts are labelled Mitsubishi and Subaru which got me panicking BUT if you pop on Brembo's site our front pads are compatible with the 2006 Lancers and Subaru estates, which also gave me the Brembo part number that cross matches Honda's part number and you then find out that (if I've read right) the front pads Honda sell you for over £150 are actually selling for £56.99 on Eurocarparts or £28.50 on discount
    yep, common front's. very likely means i might try the CL6e's next time. nothing but praise from the evo track guys
    FK2R Mods: Remus cat-back, Remus Responder, K&N Panel Filter, Girodisc 2peice discs, Carbone Lorraine RC6e Pads, HEL oil cooler, TDI-North Intercooler, HCTR Brake Cooling Ducts || Audio: stock + Audison APBX10DS sub || Summer: OE 19" wheels, 255/35r19 PS4S & Cup2

I’ve ordered a Gruppe M kit and it arrives Friday. I’ll keep you guys updated about how it performs and fits.

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ghent For This Useful Post:

veehexx (11-07-2019)

Default Gruppe M or Eventuri please help me chosse ?????????

Arrived ! Not installed yet but the build quality is pretty awesome.

Last edited by ghent; 16-07-2019 at 07:31 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghent For This Useful Post:

D3ano (17-07-2019), dweezle (16-07-2019), TarmacNymph (16-07-2019)

Pictures don't do it justice, it's a beasty intake in the flesh.

Let us know how the fitting goes, looks easy on paper but I'm unsure on the part where it mentions using paste but doesn't explain what sort of paste

that looks lovely, glad I didn't see it on ebay otherwise we would have been bidding against one another

Default Gruppe M or Eventuri please help me chosse ?????????

I was away for a vacation and l have left the car to the local Honda Authorized Service to install the intake and to do a periodic servicing.

I wasn't there to witness how easy or hard to install the kit but my mechanic says it is not a big deal. The kit fits perfectly without any issues - the build quality is very very good, unlike some of our friends here says otherwise - I am very happy with the looks and the quality of the product, especially love the stock look compared to the scoop of eventuri.

As for the sound, I wasn't expecting anything like eventuri or injen but wasn't expecting it to be silent as a stock kit. There is no sound. For those who wish intake sound, they should stay away.

Performance wise it may be placebo effect, but I feel the car is more responsive now, thus cannot comment in terms of performance without numbers yet, the mapping should be updated soon so I am planning a dyno run.

Last edited by ghent; 27-07-2019 at 10:04 AM.