Home

Thread: EP3 Alarm Problems

Default EP3 Alarm Problems

Hey guys a little help needed.

So story goes I took the EP3 off the road for a year during that time the battery went flat. I never locked the car during this period either, so charged the battery back up and all was well until Dad moved the car and the fob wouldnt work so locked it via the key and alarm kept going off.

So I disconnected the battery. So today I put my rocker cover back on after re painting it etc and was gonna service the car too but connected battery back up and alarm keeps going off. I can start the car and drive it but alarm keeps going off, even locking it with keys etc still goes off.

So I have changed battery in fob, checked fuses in engine bay, and done a reset procedure which is:
    1. Turn ignition on press fob then turn ignition off within 4 secs and 5 times.
    2. You then hear locks reset.
    3. Within 10secs press fob lock upto 3 times and locks rest.
    4. Turn ignition off to finish procedure.

So this has stopped the alarm going off but fob will not lock or unlock the car. Done procedure with main and spare key but fobs will not work.

Any help is appreciated as Im not great with electrics alarms etc.

The procedure you used seems a little different than this one - https://youtu.be/HXPWWkERs4w?t=22 - close though.

Do you have the standard alarm, or a 3rd party one? If it's the standard then I think it's similar to this - http://www.s2kuk.com/technical/honda-alarm.pdf - check what the dash blink-code is to see what last triggered it.

There's a reset procedure for the alarm itself, but I can't find the docs for that
    Subaru Leone | EF Hatch | EG4 VTi | Rover 214Si | EK | BB5 | EP3 | EP3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mike.h For This Useful Post:

Shoonk (01-06-2019)

Cheers mate, yeah standard alarm/immobilizer.

The reset procedure I carried out did stop the alarm going off.

The fobs on 2 sets dont lock or unlock the car though but I will have another go at the procedure you posted and check the blink code ( I presume that is the red light that flashes under the mileage and not the green key that flashes).

Yeah, the red light. Good luck.

So tried this numerous times but to no avail, the red light that usually flashes doesnt flash, if I lock car with key then open it the indicators flash then when key goes in ignition alarm goes off but red light doesnt seem to flash in a sequence just as if it was working normally.

When I do the sequence it resets because alarm stops, I can start car and you can hear the doors locking etc like in the video but soon as I take key out and try to lock/unlock with fob nothing happens. Bit stumped.

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

Weird

I have no further suggestions other than to find a way to fully reset the alarm (or, sadly, take it in somewhere)

No worries, thanks for the help, Im still trawling the web and have a few friends on it too. There is a local guy around my area but hes on holiday at the moment, typical .

Its a new one for me, to be fair Ive never had an issue with alarms etc on any of my cars before and this one has been good for about 7/8 years ownership but I have left this standing for a year now and the battery went flat so that hasnt helped matters.

So still cant sort this out, a guy came today he tested my fobs and they were fine and said that Hondas are a nightmare to sort because they are a catagory 1 alarm.

Anything else you guys know of that I could try?

I have tried locking and unlocking with the key that sequence again but no joy so contacted my local Honda and they said the keys need recoding and it will be 94 but surely the car would not start if the keys needed recoding?

The issue seems to be the fobs. There seems to be a missing communication between the fobs and the car. Any other ideas guys?