Home
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Spoon n1 with bung loud?

  1. #1
    HarryEP3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    31
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Spoon n1 with bung loud?

    Hi guys Iíve just got a genuine spoon n1 backbox of eBay Iíve currently got an m2 4 inch exit backbox and and unsilenced b pipe.

    Would the exhaust be liveable under 3k revs if I got the bung?

    Anyone running this give me any insight? Cheers


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    ewaaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Near Glasgow :/
    Posts
    159
    Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    I'm sure the spoon bung drops the decibels by around 5, I think it will still be very loud, especially with an unsilenced b pipe.

  3. #3
    jimbodeeni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,650
    Thanked 926 Times in 661 Posts

    Default

    It will be liveable without the bung and unsilenced for a very short period, think I lasted about 8 days with that set up.

  4. #4
    NYA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,130
    Thanked 5,081 Times in 3,461 Posts

    Default

    I had a full Spoon system on my first EP and it was LOUD!! At the time I didnít mind it, but my missus hated it. A silenced centre is way more ear friendly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #projectsandcastle

    FlickR Page

  5. #5
    HarryEP3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    31
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NYA View Post
    I had a full Spoon system on my first EP and it was LOUD!! At the time I didnít mind it, but my missus hated it. A silenced centre is way more ear friendly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah mate Iíll see how I get on for a bit then have a look around for some silenced centres


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to HarryEP3 For This Useful Post:

    NYA (03-12-2019)

  7. #6
    NYA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,130
    Thanked 5,081 Times in 3,461 Posts

    Default Spoon n1 with bung loud?

    Quote Originally Posted by HarryEP3 View Post
    Yeah mate Iíll see how I get on for a bit then have a look around for some silenced centres


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You used to be able to get one from Super Sprint (?) that was quite popular. Or you could get a custom one made up if you know of a decent exhaust place.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #projectsandcastle

    FlickR Page

  8. #7
    HarryEP3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    31
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NYA View Post
    You used to be able to get one from Super Sprint (?) that was quite popular. Or you could get a custom one made up if you know of a decent exhaust place.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iím thinking Iíll go and have a silencer welded in my unsilenced one as itís only 3 months old and donít really wanna spend too much for a new one


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    NYA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,130
    Thanked 5,081 Times in 3,461 Posts

    Default

    Sounds like a good option bud.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #projectsandcastle

    FlickR Page

  10. #9
    Mr.H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    125
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    I've been running a un-silenced B-pipe and spoon back box for a year and loved it! If i was going on a long journey, i'd put the bung in, which was fine for me. With the bung in, you hear more of the engine VTEC cross over. I am selling the Spoon backbox with bung and b pipe if interested.

  11. #10
    HarryEP3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    31
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.H View Post
    I've been running a un-silenced B-pipe and spoon back box for a year and loved it! If i was going on a long journey, i'd put the bung in, which was fine for me. With the bung in, you hear more of the engine VTEC cross over. I am selling the Spoon backbox with bung and b pipe if interested.
    Hi mate sounds great to me as I only really use the car for fun as Iíve got a work van, but when I do the long journeys or I donít fancy the neighbours stabbing me to death I can just use the bung I Just fitted a tegiwa m so that vtec should sound great with the spoon.

    Just got one from eBay mate but thanks for the offer

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •