Home
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Civic Type R Limited Edition - Register - UK-000

Will do, I’m on it.

Quote Originally Posted by McR View Post
    They are a beautiful wheel - let us know if you find out what they cost? I could do with a second set with more road based tyre. The cup 2's are silly sticky. Any elemet of gravel stiks to them and pings on the body.
    I just hope they aren't as expensive as the optional white 20" are. I've managed to secure one of the 20 LEs coming to Australia and am trying to work out what to do for a spare or even a second set of wheels.

We have so much coarse chip bitumen here that even the OEM Contis on my current FK8 picked up a lot so Cup 2s would be a nightmare. My current street wheels are a set of FK2 19x8.5 with Michelin PS4S and they are a lot better so chances are I'll keep those but a spare OEM LE wheel would be handy to have.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Oz_Mick For This Useful Post:

FaNtheMaN (21-11-2020)

Congrats Mick
    Mark's - Championship White FK8 GT

Mandy's - Mazda MX5 30th Anniversary RF # 1761

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_Mick View Post
    I just hope they aren't as expensive as the optional white 20" are. I've managed to secure one of the 20 LEs coming to Australia and am trying to work out what to do for a spare or even a second set of wheels.

We have so much coarse chip bitumen here that even the OEM Contis on my current FK8 picked up a lot so Cup 2s would be a nightmare. My current street wheels are a set of FK2 19x8.5 with Michelin PS4S and they are a lot better so chances are I'll keep those but a spare OEM LE wheel would be handy to have.
    Congrats are you same as uk, no ac and infotainment? Yanks can add both or one or the other back in I believe
    Championship White Type R GT FK8 - Remus, injen evolution intake, ktuner 396bhp &371 lb\ft R-03927 - Happily offending VAG owners' eyes since Sept '17

106 Rallye S1, Saxo VTS, Type R EP3, Focus ST 225, VW GTi Mk6, Focus RS Mk1

Quote Originally Posted by FaNtheMaN View Post
    Congrats are you same as uk, no ac and infotainment? Yanks can add both or one or the other back in I believe
    We get both so only get a 20kg saving. Given where I live goes from - 8 to 44 Celsius the a/c will come in handy.

No idea about the Japan spec but we may be the only RHD market with them both.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Oz_Mick For This Useful Post:

FaNtheMaN (21-11-2020)

Ahhh course it does get toasty down under! So is the rest just less sound deadening?
    Championship White Type R GT FK8 - Remus, injen evolution intake, ktuner 396bhp &371 lb\ft R-03927 - Happily offending VAG owners' eyes since Sept '17

106 Rallye S1, Saxo VTS, Type R EP3, Focus ST 225, VW GTi Mk6, Focus RS Mk1

Quote Originally Posted by FaNtheMaN View Post
    So is the rest just less sound deadening?
    Wheels are lighter on the Limited Edition
    Mark's - Championship White FK8 GT

Mandy's - Mazda MX5 30th Anniversary RF # 1761

Apparently 10kg sound deadening and 10kg wheels for the AUS spec. We might even get a rear wiper!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Oz_Mick For This Useful Post:

FaNtheMaN (21-11-2020)

On the UK one no speakers, no charging thingy, wiring loom is different, no usb, does the normal type R have a get you home space saver ? You just get the sealent with the LE, no elec mirror retract thingy.
    EP3 Type R / Golf GTI Clubsport S / E46 M3 / 320d M Sport Plus / FK8 Type R

Quote Originally Posted by McR View Post
    On the UK one no speakers, no charging thingy, wiring loom is different, no usb, does the normal type R have a get you home space saver ? You just get the sealent with the LE, no elec mirror retract thingy.
    Our normal Type R only comes with a sealant, no space saver, and I suspect the LE will be the same.

Mine will be a weekend only car but I'm actually likely to take it to a track once a year (not for lap records or to thrash it but just to stretch its legs) so the LogR function will be useful. I believe LogR doesn't work without the infotainment so I'm glad ours keeps it.