• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Condensation!!!!

Does anyone else have a ctr that doesnt clear the driver & passenger door glass on the outside when it is raised up & down?
Honda tell me there are no wiper seals fitted to their cars. Which makes them unique. I dont think I have ever been in another car that doesnt clear mist and water off the glass when the window is lowered into the door. :?
Its a bit of a pisser having to sit at junctions with the windows down to get a decent view, just because the glass wont clear. :eek:

Mine doesn't clear. Can be annoying at times I must say.

Mines has been sh*t lately.

Does having old pollen filters make a difference still not fitted my new ones as they dont look as bad as I thought?

Also whats the correct settings to make the air con clear it quicker? :oops:

Condensation

The inside is fine with or without air con I can keep the glass clear. But the outside is a bugger especially on foggy or misty early mornings. I sometimes treat the glass with a rain repellent liquid, but it doesnt last long. Ive even started to wipe the outside glass with a squeegee thing, but after a short distance glass will need some form of wiping again. And it seems honda dont fit a wiper to do this job. Im gonna take the door apart this weekend and see if theres any mod's I can make. Cos its pissing me off.

If you were to breath in a CTR on a summers day I'm sure it would mist up. It's worst car I have ever had this type of problem. With all the rain we've had lately I've just had to drive around with the aircon on permanently. It's the only way the car would stay clear.

The air-con clears the screen quickly, but then you have to keep using it to keep it clear.

I find its best to wait a bit longer and leave the air-con off. It takes longer to initially clear the screen, but it keeps clearer longer.

Also the side windows move away from the seals when operated. This stops damage when the seals stick to the window during a frost.

The air-con clears the screen quickly, but then you have to keep using it to keep it clear.

I find its best to wait a bit longer and leave the air-con off. It takes longer to initially clear the screen, but it keeps clearer longer.

Also the side windows move away from the seals when operated. This stops damage when the seals stick to the window during a frost.

silica gel bags in the boot stops it alltogether i have 2 large ones from work rear window heater not been on since and front screen has not misted up either even after defrosting in morning at 5.30am

I had a convertable before the CTR and it wasnt half as bad at steaming up. Unless I have the A/C on the passenger window is always steamed up :mad:

I don't get this, when i had my no-AC CTR i never really had a problem with it steaming up..... yeah it would on cold mornings for about 10 mins but thats it..... :confused:

foggy mornings mine is always covered in nastyness....but let the car warm up with the heating on full for 5 mins and its gone. only problem im having which im also confused about is the rear side windows seem to get condensated....and stay like it? anyone have this problem too? if so or even if not does anybody know why this might be? broken seal?

its a pre face model.

cheers

There are vents in the boot which help with the air circulation in the car, kept it fresh, these will keep the rear of the car cooler than the front, besides the fact that it doesn't have a 2.0L engine next to it. This will ecourage condensation.

As said, get some extra large silica gel bags from eBay and stick them in the boot, this should have a positive effect. They are the little bags of what feel like balls you get in boxes of new shoes or a printer, used to absorb moisture.

I did this in my EP3 and it worked wonders.

I don't really get any condensation issues, but the Mini is f**king awful for it, may consider silica gell.

Back