• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

G's ongoing project. Updated 1st post.

G

A veritable chap
Updated post as a lot of images have gone as my old hosting sight went kaput. Anyway here she is as she now stands.

FCR306bon10429.jpg

FCR306bon10586.jpg

FCR306bon10397-1.jpg

FCR306bon10554.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture1.jpg

FCR306bon10423.jpg

I have Just had a new motor put together by a tuner over here called TDI North based in Warrington. With a lot of help and advice from the guys at Skunk2 racing.

The spec:

EXTERIOR
Re painted in and out Fiat 500 Campovolo grey. Using Lesonol paint
Buddy Club Carbon Bonnet
De badged (well the Honda one anyhoo)
Pressed steel no plates, old skool yo.

CHASSIS
Rota Grids. 17x9 and 17x8.5
Yokohama Parada Spec 2's 205x40x17 and 215x45x17
TPI Racing Lug nuts
Tarox 6 pot callipers, F2000 disks and Rallye pads
Goodrich Hoses
E-Tech strut brace
AST Coilovers. Fast road set up.
Camber bolts front,
Skunk2 racing adjustable arms rear.
Skunk2 LCA's anodized gold
JDM ARB
Skunk2 lower tie bar

ENGINE/DRIVE TRAIN
K24/20. Blueprinted bottom end, Forged H beam eagle custom rods, Custom Pistons with valve pockets.
Valve Train:
Skunk2 Stage 3 cam shafts
Skunk2 Pro Series Valves
Skunk2 Pro Series Springs, Titanium retainers and seats.
Skunk2 TCT.
Skunk2 K Series Inlet manifold.
Skunk2 Composite Fuel Rail
Skunk2 70mm Throttle body Black series
DC Sports Header.
Skunk2 70mm Mega Power exhaust
Speedstar Racing Aurora Rocker cover
ARP Head studs.
ARC Airbox
Samco hoses
Competition Clutch Clutch and flywheel

FCR301proj997359.jpg

FCR301proj997398.jpg

IMAG0219_lo.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

20.jpg

INTERIOR
Caged 6 point roll cage in red
Takata Harnesses
Buddy Club Seats
KEY!S Racing steering wheel
Works Bell Rapfix QR Hub
STRI Oil temp and pressure gauges
Skunk2 gear knob
JDM Carpets
Sparco Pedals
D.R.E Shiftlight
Alpine headunit.

So there you are. The motor is running a 25 deg cam gear that we will be swapping out for a 35 or 40 maybe. So should yet still see some decent power increases.The motor is amazing though, with 190flbs of torque in at under 3000 revs the car is so drivable. Rev limit is set at an easy 8200 at the moment. The motor has been built to take a lot more and once we have the new gear in we will probably re set that at around 8.6-8.8k.

Also going to paint the rims red as I think they will look a bit more saucy.

Thanks to the guys at TDII North. Tony and Aaron at Skunk2, Eric Moon, Cristian Loza, Roy and Marin and everyone else at Cinibeat. The cars build is followed every month in Fast Car UK. (where I work).

Last edited by a moderator:
Still looks great, G... and I'm still loving those BC seats. Such a joy to be sat in. :lol: :smt023

nice mate, liking that a lot.

I spent all day cleaning my car too. Then took the back seats out lol

nice mate, liking that a lot.

I spent all day cleaning my car too. Then took the back seats out lol

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. I am in two minds whether to remove mine or not. But thinking as I do commute everyday between Oxford and Bath it may make the journey a we bit more noisy than it is now :). mind you I cannot use em now anyway so it is dead weight.

Also thinking of going back down to 17's, or even 16's as well when I change rims. Though of course 17's would be better for the brake upgrade.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. I am in two minds whether to remove mine or not. But thinking as I do commute everyday between Oxford and Bath it may make the journey a we bit more noisy than it is now :). mind you I cannot use em now anyway so it is dead weight.

Also thinking of going back down to 17's, or even 16's as well when I change rims. Though of course 17's would be better for the brake upgrade.

I have harnesses in so the rear seats were reduntant tbh. I started just taking the rear seats out, then removed all the bits that rattled at creaked, its a bit bare there now! lol the rear seats are heavier than they look!

Makes a difference tbh, great to drive and the noise from exhaust etc is amazing lol although I had a few scary moments on some corners today.

Cheers hon, as for the colour change I have been wanting to do it for ages, unfortunately the cash I was saving to go towards it went on a new engine.... do'h!

I like those seats lots!! Keep up the good work, look forward like many to the updates.

What was the reason for the engine self destructing?

TBH I am not really sure, it could have been due to a few things. As anyone who knows me I do not have the heaviest foot in the world. And like to think I drive with a good deal of mechanical sympathy. (I am STILL on my first set of brake disks and the car has done 86k in 4 years). Also always kept her topped up with oil on the regular.

The conrod snapped in half, punching a decent sized hole in the block. oops.

The car had done 30k with a Jackson racing Supercharger, and had never missed a beat, it was only run on 4psi, low boost, and a self imposed rev limit set at 8k. Never needed to go higher. Set up by Abbey M/S who are as good as you get IMHO.

We have thought it could have been over revved at some point, though I have only misshifted once and that was on the way to a RR day briefly hitting 2nd instead of 6th (thor racing if you remember Carl). And that was all i know of, and it was 3 years ago. I did suffer a holed rad last summer and it may have ran hot before I noticed.

Either way these things unfortunately do happen
Paul at TDI North has managed to do a great job in putting all the bits back together, my head was salvagable, and it was married to a new short block (done 18k :)).

I will say it is good to be running N/A again, and I am feel free to let her rev a bit again. I will say though a little low down flexibility is lost due to the wide torque band the charger gave me, the car feels just as fast up to legal limit. Above there I would imagine (;)) it would pull a little less.
It is still great fun. And though I will change in the future I still have a few things to do to her yet :D

Sorry for the long reply.

We have thought it could have been over revved at some point, though I have only miss shifted once and that was on the way to a RR day briefly hitting 2nd instead of 6th (thor racing if you remember Carl). And that was all i know of, and it was 3 years ago.

OMG how time flies!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back