• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 30th Anniversary CTR (Original Post Updated 07/02/2008)

My 30th Anniversary (Updated 12-04-08)

I've had my CTR since May 2006 and it still sticks a smile on my face every time I get in it and go for a drive. I picked it up for just under 10k in June 2006 (dread to think how little it's worth now). I could have probably got a cheaper one at the time, but not a 30AE. Once I saw it and went for a test drive, I knew it was the one for me.

Anyway, time for some pictures:

dsc02078gq3.jpg

dsc02084uc4.jpg

dsc02096os2.jpg

dsc02103hb0.jpg

DSC02182.jpg

DSC02160.jpg

DSC02147.jpg

DSC02195.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

00054.jpg

00105.jpg

00173.jpg

Pictures From JAE 2008

_MG_1872.jpg

_MG_1969.jpg

_MG_1949.jpg

_MG_1959.jpg

_MG_1943.jpg

Original alloys have been refurbished and look 8) now. The colour is not identical to the OEM colour and they haven't got the sparkle/flake that the OEM's have. They do look miles better now though. Wheels are currently covered by Yokohama Parada Spec 2 (215/40/17W) all round. I personally find these tyres to have fantastic grip for the spirited driver on normal roads. I haven't put the car on track yet (still undecided weather I will or not) so I cannot comment on how good they would be around a circuit.

Car had full detail and paint correction by AndyH on 19/01/2008. Results were and still are stunning. The write up and pictures of this detail can be found Here!

Trying to keep the car fairly standard. Few subtle mods include:
  • Mandatory Spoon reservoir covers
  • Honda Jazz washer jets
  • JDM Union Jack badge
  • JDM Mats
  • Fast road setup
  • Engine start button
  • Osram Diadem blue indicator bulbs
  • Alpine CDE-9850Ri head unit wit iPod attachment
  • Pioneer 12" sub
The fast road setup makes quite a difference even on standard springs. I was surprised about how much more responsive the turn in is. Getting your geometry correct is money well spent if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
8)

i would have waited and bought one had my dealer told me about them when i bought mine :evil:

oh well, i'll just be a AE wannabe :lol:

Ive just twigged, im sure ive seen you around Norwich in it? Did you get it quite a while ago?

Yeah ive seen you then. You were behind me coming round by the station then over took me going up Grapes Hill. I noticed it was a 30ae

Ive just twigged, im sure ive seen you around Norwich in it? Did you get it quite a while ago?

Yeah ive seen you then. You were behind me coming round by the station then over took me going up Grapes Hill. I noticed it was a 30ae

Yeah I believe I can remember. I always keep an eye out for Type-R's. Saw a nice Milano on grapes hill t'other day, (carbon spoiler etc). Any Ideas who that is?

No idea mate. The majority i see are standard and not on here.

Look out for a satin with anthracite wheels :)
That'll be me :)

No idea mate. The majority i see are standard and not on here.

Look out for a satin with anthracite wheels :)
That'll be me :)

Will do. If you see mine going slowly, that'll be the missus! Or me with the missus with me!

^^ You're lucky mate, my missus doesn't go over 4000rpm, and even then she shats herself:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She nearly went over 6000rpm and used the i-VTEC the other day! It's like a baby taking it's first footsteps!

:lol::lol::lol:

I let my missus drive my old EP3 & she VTEC'd it in 1st-3rd.....she poo'd herself.
So drove the DC5 & instantly wanted to VTEC it @ which point she was launched back into the passenger seat.

I wish I could get my paint that shiny ...

Nice car mate!
It's all about the colour. I am by no means a car cleaning geek, I will spend a fair amount of time giving it a clean but wont go over the top. Black cars get very dirty very quickly, but when they're clean they look stunning.

Back