• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ATR OR ITR please advise!

first of all hi, first post n all!:p
im after some views on accord type r and integra type r, looking to by either just gathering background knowledge b4 hand. cheers Andy.

Bought very similar performance wise, the itr should have the edge though (but im sure some atr owners would disagree with that) just decide if you need a 4 door saloon or a 3 door coupe and go from there , test drive each of course aswell

I own neither, used to own of your options and have driven both!
Test driving the 2 it's a very close call if you are looking at the DC2 (not the DC5). The ATR is faster and handles better than most realise, the differences would only really show depending on the driver imho.

Personally I drove the EP3 but ruled it out, it was then between the DC2 & ATR. Practicality didn't matter as it was just for me. I loved the drive in the DC2, but I preferred the drive in the ATR. Difficult to put my finger on what it was, but it just felt like a better package.

Drive both and take it from there :smt023

Also worth a look is the Prelude, 2.2 VTEC version of course, the 5th gen type S has pretty much the same engine as the ATR anyway and is a nicer looking car IMHO, the 4th Gens are a very good buy also.

If it is strictly the ATR / ITR then as above test drive both and look at your practical needs. The rear seats on the ATR do not fold so at times the ITR is more practical, however 2 or 4 doors ??

I own an ATR so obviously I am slightly biased :D but if I try to be balanced here are my thoughts;

apart from the basic shape, it comes down to the 1.8 engine vs. 2.2:

The greater torque of the 2.2 makes it easier to find the space to have some fun. Very similar in fuel comsumption if you are interested in that kind of thing. Tonnes of space in an ATR but a surprising amount in an ITR too!

My mate who had an ITR paid more to insure it than I pay for mine. (similar age and value). Let me know your final decision!

first of all hi, first post n all!:p
im after some views on accord type r and integra type r, looking to by either just gathering background knowledge b4 hand. cheers Andy.

Please don't use text speak. We don't like it here.

Back