• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car-jacked/ Stolen from Whalley Range, Manchester

RJ05 TWG Nighthawk black.
Just parked up in my carpark and noticed a guy crouched down in the bushes a few yards in front of me. I thought, whats that weirdo stroking a cat at this time for (10.30pm). No sooner had the thought formed and he had sprung forth shouting give me the keys. My boyfriend was shouting give them the keys (there were 2 of them) and the masked guy punched me in the face, which didnt hurt but knocked me to the floor and I decided to give them to him.
Its annoying when you want to fight back but reason and the law force you not to.
You dread this happening but I'm not as gutted as I thought I'd be in this scenario, which happened a few hours ago. Haven't spoken to the insurance yet though so that might change things.

That sucks, sorry to hear this, hope they get what hthey deserve:evil:

Thank f*ck I have a tracker fitted!! The scum wont have it for long. Just mentioned it to previous owner and he pointed out its got one fitted but I had no idea. I could have saved a chunk of insurance. Not sure if I want it back now though:|

Its annoying when you want to fight back but reason and the law force you not to.

I'd have trouble stopping myself, I'd go nuts.

Cants.

Really sorry to hear this too, good news on the tracker though.

I see what you mean about not being sure if you want it back.

:mad: :mad:

i hope all goes well. its awful news. somone onthe forum im on with my car had there ep3 nicked and when they got it back the wheels were damaged and it had dents and everythinh i truely do hope its not in that state and hope the scum get locked up for it. are you ok after getting hit?

i do martial arts for GB so i know they wouldnt get my keys f**k the law if they can hit me ill hit the f****r back harder we cant stand up for ourselves anymore and i think thats wrong.
:rant:

good luck with everfything, i used to work in insurance and because you got attacked and have your bf as witness and its got a tracker on it everything will be in your favour. keep chasing though. theyy take it as slowly as possible x x

It turns out there were several car-jackings around Manchester the same evening.
Also, there was a previous car jacking in our car park recently by 2 men in balaclavas, they took a mercedes from a visitor. Unbeknown to me.
I've been wondering whether they were there for the honda and thought lets have that mercedes instead for now.

So I dont want the Honda back for now, I'll take the payout. I'll move, build up a NCB, and can treat myself again. Thats because I graft and know I can buy what I want sooner or later. Can they say that? I doubt it. Life has to be pretty dismal for you if you feel the need to go out taking from others. It makes you a dependant.
Anyone can steal but besides the obvious, its an inefficient and embarrassing way to chase an illusion of status.

I hear what your saying about the martial art, and to be honest I think they would have been easy to overpower because when he gabbed me there was no strength there and the punch didnt hurt at all. I thought to myself as he grabbed me that I had a chance so started considering options. After all, I did see him crouching in the bushes and knew straight away what was going to happen. You do dont you, when you own a Type R. No Type R owner is clueless to this scenario, we've all thought about what we would do.
But I was looking for a knife or gun, because they are prevalent round here and younger guys like that are more likely to carry weapons like that. I even asked "why, what are you going to do?" Because I wanted to see whether he had a knife or gun. It sounds bizarre, but it was so that I could finish my assessment of the situation before I could decide how to react. My boyfriends response is what caused me to hand them over, I'm not sure what I was going to do, but it wasn't handing over the keys straight away. I always thought I'd be on my own when this happened and that launching the keys away and running like the clappers was my best defence. I'm glad I handed them over, because they just would've come back and I would have had to sell the car or put it in safe storage until I'd had time to do something to protect myself. Note that I knew my car keys were seperate to my house keys. Always have been.
I have considered some extreme options, which I wont go into, but ultimately, the Honda wasnt worth any of those. Family, or my livelihood would, but not a £10k replacable car. I'm going to drastically improve my personal security though, which everyone needs to do anyway because theres lots of worse things that can happen to people, so I feel very positive about it all, and not that gutted! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to hear this i hope the little f**kers die a horrible death, or get beat the f**k out of! someone tried car jacking me in my old car i just broke there hand and told them to go away, but in more vivid terms :lol:. really hope you get the car back ok though

Thats why one of these lives in the glove box of my EP3
Smith and Wesson model 59
GUN053.jpg

I hope I never have to use it, but its nice knowing its there just in case.

Florida changed their one of their gun laws to:

Under Florida law, there is no "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a lawful right to be. Instead, you may stand your ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others.

They way I look at it criminals will always be around and they will always have weapons of some sort. And as a law abiding citizen I'm glad I have the right to defend myself and my family in any way necessary if need be.

Since they made that change and others to gun laws in Florida, crime has gone down quite a bit. Makes sense really; would you try to break into someone's house, car or try to rob them on the street if there's a chance they armed? probably not.

just my 2 cents.

Thats why one of these lives in the glove box of my EP3
Smith and Wesson model 59
GUN053.jpg

Under Florida law, there is no "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a lawful right to be. Instead, you may stand your ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others.

Oh my Dayz, I live just outside London and we have a lot of trouble with knives in inner London.

If we had the same gun rules as yourself in the states I would hate to imagine what the place would be like.

My father has a gun, but thats because he's a Queen's Guard in Buckingham Palace, scares the life out me, owning my own one and keeping it in my car would be like living in a some sort of wierd dream.

However, if its a case of shooting or be shot, good luck to you fella, I feel sorry for you.

Its not that easy to get a gun. Criminals would have to guns through other illegal means, and since they're breaking into someones house, or car. It stands to reason they wouldn't be able to afford even an average gun, or weapon. My Smith and Wesson was $850 used, My 22. cal rifles were also purchased used at $250 a piece. You also have to pass a federal background check to buy one, there is no wait on a rifle or **** gun, but a 3 to 7 business day wait on a handgun.

I believe that people should own guns to defend themselves or to enjoy the past time of hunting. If anything has shown us throughout history it is the weak being preyed upon by the strong or the armed that has led to the greatest tragedies in history.

A legal gun owner is highly unlikely to commit a crime. Only 5 out of 315000 in Florida.

Most of those against guns in my opinion are simply scared of them. Maybe they grew up never having been exposed to them. Weapons should be handled with the utmost respect. Most of the tragedies you hear that involve guns, like children getting a hold of them and shooting their friends, are few and far between and in almost all cases were because of those who didn't properly respect their firearms and left them lying around.

There's no greater a deterrent to a criminal than an armed society. If criminals knew that 75% of those in a community had a firearm at home they'd think more than once about breaking into a home since they would have a 3 out of 4 chance that they'll be facing potential lethal force in their attempt to steal your valuables or harm your family.

It was no surprise to me in seeing this article regarding Florida's crime rate decreasing and Governor Jeb Bush mentioning legal gun owners in the same sentence.

Miami Herald

Florida's crime rate dropped for the 14th straight year in 2005 to its lowest mark since 1971 because of tougher laws, increased financial support from the Legislature and law-abiding citizens with guns, Gov. Jeb Bush said Tuesday. ''This report shows that staying tough on crime works,'' Bush said. ``Law abiding citizens that have guns for protection actually probably are part of the reason we have a lower crime rate.''

Last year Bush signed a bill that allows people who feel threatened on the street, in a bar, at a ball game -- or just about anywhere -- to ''meet force with force'' to defend themselves without fear of being prosecuted.
''You send a real powerful signal when you know the citizen has a good potential of being armed and doesn't have to back off anymore,'' said John Birch, president of Concealed Carry Inc. in Illinois.
Opponents, however, have said the idea would legalize shootouts in the streets.

And as you can see the opponents were dead wrong. There were no cases mentioned of shootouts in the street or the incidents of O.K. Corral style justice having taken place. So much for their fear mongering. Their obvious fear of guns has turned them into a bunch of ****ing wimps who would rather bend over and take it from a criminal than defend their families.

People are against guns until they are actually victims of violent crime, then they're not so much against legal firearms for defense. It's a shame that these spineless people would allow themselves to be put in harms way and potential death or maiming before they take action.

Just another of my 2 cents, which I guess makes my total 4 cents.

source:
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/10-20-life/
http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcdgcon.html
http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/flcrime.htm (look at the drops after 1998 when laws were first changed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting, it's good to get a opinion like that from someone that lives in that society.

However, that would never work over here IMO. I wouldn't even know how to hold it.

:)

Very interesting, it's good to get a opinion like that from someone that lives in that society.

However, that would never work over here IMO. I wouldn't even know how to hold it.

:)

heh, I didn't know anything about them either, but when I was 18 I took a police recommended course to learn about them. The best defense is knowledge.

And here's an extra page that describes what you can and can't do if you have a concealed weapons permit. Without one of those your gun/weapon has to be kept in your home, or if you are taking it somewhere, in your trunk (or boot I guess). It can't be loaded, nor can it have the clip in it.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/self_defense.html

Back