• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Need advice/help..... DC5 or EP3 Premier???

Need some help people.....

As some of you may no I was car-jacked for my premier around a month ago after only having it for 6months.

Still waiting for an offer, but I am now torn between the option of another EP3 Premier (simply as I did not have enough time with the first) or possibly a DC5 (subject to getting insurance).

Can anyone please help me on this dillema...... pros and cons, preferances... etc, as I have only known the EP3.

I am aware of the advantages of a DC5, but would like opinions of people who may have had experience of both......

Thanks!!!!!

If I had to choose again, I would go for the DC5.

Its just has a better spec in so many places, it has more power, a LSD, looks better and is less common, (not in Norwich though).

Thats not to say I dont love my EP3, I do, but sometimes I wish I had done a little more research into which K20 powered vehicle to get.

DC5 is insurance group 20, as compared to the group 17 of teh EP3. This is due to the fact that you have to import a DC5.

You may find that replacement parts are a lot harder to get hold of due to this. One member on this forum had a bit of nightmare trying to get a replacement rear window on one occasion, it turned out alright in the end, but was not as simple as getting one for say, a EP3.

Dont let that deter you though, as the benifits would outscore the possible negatives IMO.

I'd go for a Pre facelift CW DC5 if I had the chance again.

HTH.

:)

Well I have a premier and a DC5 at my disposal and have driven both day to day and at weekends :) both have good and bad points and the choice would mostly be to personal preference. I like the fact that the DC5 is stiffer in the corners and the LSD offers much better handling when pushed. With real world driving they aren't much different.
For long journeys the DC5 seats are very hard and can become tedious. If I had the choice of just one I think it would come down to cost to run which is identical until you get to the insurance.
When I checked my insurance it was double the price on the DC5 than the EP3 with a total loss claim on my policy.
If you have specific questions about the differences I will do my best to give you an honest answer :)

My main concern is the insurance, thats one of the reasons why I didnt get a DC5 in the first place, and now that im claiming for a stolen car im sure its not gona help!

The DC5 i've been offered is a 54plate, facelift with the C-Pack and I was told by the owner that the K20's in a DC5 are high compression, and low compression in a EP3, can anyone explain the pros and cons of this and what it means in the long term when i'm modding?

The DC5 has diffent cams, inlet manifold exhaust manifold gearbox ratios and ECU.

This gives it a extar 23bhp over the UKDM K20A2

Basically the JDM engine has a bigger BHP figure from OEM so you can argue it is a better starting point.

The JDM engines sacrficed low down torque for a higher top end BHP, but its only marginal.

As far as I was aware the only difference between the two engines is that it has a more agressive gear profile, The DC5 has the K20a engine in it which 220hp @8000rpm and 152LbFt of torque and a compression ratio of 11.5:1
The EP3 has the K20A2 which is 197hp @ 7400 and 142Lbft of torque. as far as i'm aware this is achieved by a few minor differences in the internals and cam angles but there is not a lot of difference in compression.
This makes no real differences in the long run for modifications etc they would be the same :)

I'm not a massive fan of the facelift DC5's. IMO they made the Teg look worse.

Do you think your car jacking was a freak occurrence, or is car crime quite high in your area? If you got jacked in an EP3, surely a more desirable DC5 (through exclusivity) is'nt this going to be like laying out bait?

I'm not a massive fan of the facelift DC5's. IMO they made the Teg look worse.

Do you think your car jacking was a freak occurrence, or is car crime quite high in your area? If you got jacked in an EP3, surely a more desirable DC5 (through exclusivity) is'nt this going to be like laying out bait?

I see what you mean by the facelift, I couldnt quite figure it out, but something just doesnt look quite right with it. But it was the low mileage (35K) and age that made me consider over an 02, for example.

I fully believe it had to be a freak incident, I fail to see how this could of been pre-empted. I mean, I was'nt anywhere near my house, it was outside a bar and the first time i'd been there..... but who knows???

To be honest I was actually in a very nice part of town, thats another reason why I was caught of guard.

But its not looking good on the DC5 front, just had my first quote from Adrian Flux, £3.2k! Ouch

i agree with everything suits said.

now i have seen the insurance results, ep3 for you young man.

It's all down to the zero NCB, not being 25 and I also don't think it helps living in London!

Aplan are also giving me some extortionate rate......... anyone have any other options or should I just stick with the EP3 in the hope that I can still get insured on one of those???

ep3 if it has to be honda.

if it doesn't have to be honda consider a BMW, they are dirt cheap to insure. (comparitive to CTR).

Looks like im gona need it!

Na, looks like the decision is made for you mate, its not about spending silly money on car insurance, save your money.

You can get really good example CTR's now for little money, so the search will be made easier for you.

If you want a Prem, thats going to be the top end of the CTR EP3 world.

So you will be looking at £8K for a good one.

Work out your budget and get looking, there will be loads to choose from.

:)

Definately want a Prem, would love another Milano but the one I had was hard enough to find..... i've seen 55's and '06's with 30k goin for £9,500 from traders, is that a rip?
Theres a Cosmic Grey in Sussex for £11k but thats out of my reach!

Back