• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car will not hold memory on the key fob

Dear all, I have a 54 plate type R, I keep trying to program the key fob and I can not get it to hold the memory in the fob. I program it by turning the ignition on and pressing the lock button 4 times and on the last time pressing the lock button twice. i hear the central locking go but when i turn the ignition off it does not work. can anyone help?

Thanks

I have the exact same problem with mine. When I took it to the dealers they said the remote entry receiver is faulty and needs to be changed. Part number is 38385-S7A-305 (this is a new part number, previously this part was known as 38385-S7A-G01)

Its about £165 + vat! :evil: I need to source one myself, I've been looking around but prices are high even for second hand parts :(

where is the receiver located to on the car. thanks for your help. i have got the fob to work a couple of times but after 2 or 3 mins its lost its memory. do you get thay?

The car doesn't respond to the fob at all, apart from when I enter programming mode to program the fob to the car.

Dear all, I have a 54 plate type R, I keep trying to program the key fob and I can not get it to hold the memory in the fob. I program it by turning the ignition on and pressing the lock button 4 times and on the last time pressing the lock button twice. i hear the central locking go but when i turn the ignition off it does not work. can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi all i am new to this forum but i have had 2 type rs before and now on my third but never been on this forum.

I have had this problem before and i no the answer to your problem. This usually occurs when the car battery has been changed or has run flat. As mentioned above it is the keyless entry unit thats at fault. This is a little black box situated behind the stereo part of the dash on right hand side. It is quite easy to access once you have removed that part. The box itself is small in size and has a green connector plugged into it, it also states "keyless Entry" you cant miss it

Honda charged me £120 and still could not diagnose the problem. so i managed to figure it out myself.

I managed to rip one out of car in a scrapy and fitted it myself, once fitted just recode the keyfob using the recoding sequence you mentioned above and your done! just test the alarm to make sure the siren works as sometime the siren battery may run flat and may need changing.

If you still cant get hold of one just drop me a pm and i will see if i can get hold off one for you, it cost me £80 which i was more than happy to pay as honda quoted me £180 plus fitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you reset the code on the fob? My car unlocks but does not lock, but alarm and disarm works as it should.

Thanks

its sounds like you have a problem with 1 of 2 things if not both. theres a little black box behind the the stereo on the left hand side it has a green connector pluged into it called "keyless entry" its most likely this at fault. the other thing it could be (but doubt very much) is the alarm control unit which is a white box. if you get your head under the dash on the drivers side above you will see two black plugs connected to it. once replaced you just need to reprogram as you have done. let me know how you get on if you need any parts let me know.

Hi,

Can the siren battery be replaced on the standard alarm? where can I locate the siren battery? I beleive the siren is on the passenger side rear?

my battery has run flat and since recharging it and reconnecting the battery the siren will not stop going off. My car starts fine and locks fine with fob etc , the siren just not stop going off, Honda said the backup battery has drained and they cannot be replaced alone, they have to replace the full unit which is £600+vat

i honestly thought the siren battery and the main battery was one and the same because it does not work when the battery is disconnected!

Thats true, when the battery is disconnected the alarm siren will stop going off.

but.... the battery for the car is fine, the car starts straight away, all lights work etc.

if the car battery drops below 9v isnt that when the alarm will start going off and the alarm drops onto a backup battery?

this is turning into a nightmare, i dont know if to just disconnect the siren but that means messing about taking all panels out (JUST FOR A FLAT BATTERY)

the alarm has a backup battery if im right? so when the battery of the car goes flat the alarm will still go off using the backup battery?

Thanks

Have you still got the full reset sequence please as I have the same problen

Back