• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ep3 dc5 manifold

You'll need a JDM front ARB IIRC. Although this mayu just be the case for the Jap aftermarket manifolds.:?:

Ah right thats no biggy then would this make much difference to the handling?
Where could i get one from?

It won't make any difference to the handling, its just a different shape to allow for aftermarket manifolds.

Honda will be able to get the part in for you but you might have to wait a while. Failing that, places like TGM should have them in stock.

If i can pick one up cheap do you reckon putting a dc5 mainifold and cat on with be woth while ?

Worthwhile for what? Power gains by itself? No.

Ease of swapping out a 2-1 cat section for a J's Racing 2-1 decat section, yes.

There isn't one as such. K100 would be the one that enables the most gains, but you need all the parts first.

K100/KPro.

For noticbale effect, even by itself it will give you a better gains than any other bolt on mod.

how much are you looking at paying for a second hand one?
Does it give you a gain if you just plug in and play, with out getiing it set up on a rolling road?

how much are you looking at paying for a second hand one?
Does it give you a gain if you just plug in and play, with out getiing it set up on a rolling road?

I sold mine for £300 plus a swap.

If you get a second hand one, you will need to get the keys from your car coded to the new ECU, £35 at Honda, but not all garages will do this, so call around first. Then, the existing map on your new K100 will be mapped to teh old car and its mods, so it wont be running properly. Of Course it depends on your mods, if its similiar to the old car then it will be close.

Plug and play? Like I said all depneds on teh mods your running and your confidence in the map installed on teh ECU, but yes, it will lower your VTEC engagement and give you some extra grunt down low. Maybe even a few more horse's top end.

I sold mine for £300 plus a swap.

If you get a second hand one, you will need to get the keys from your car coded to the new ECU, £35 at Honda, but not all garages will do this, so call around first. Then, the existing map on your new K100 will be mapped to teh old car and its mods, so it wont be running properly. Of Course it depends on your mods, if its similiar to the old car then it will be close.

Plug and play? Like I said all depneds on teh mods your running and your confidence in the map installed on teh ECU, but yes, it will lower your VTEC engagement and give you some extra grunt down low. Maybe even a few more horse's top end.

My only mod is a k&n. Do you need to get something done to your timing to get your VTEC lowered also?

Do you need to get something done to your timing to get your VTEC lowered also?

Yes, thats what teh ECU (engine control unit) does. Thats what tells and controls the injectors how much fuel to inject into the engine cylinders. It does many things including controlling the cams and VTEC engagement.

You use a computer to alter the information on the ECU, to adjust it to what suits you/your car, there are limits to it of course, but the VTEC engagement stage is something that you can alter.

Ah right i thought it was somthing mechanical you had to do.
where would be the best place to look for a kpro or k100 ideally no swap so i can put it back to stock when i sell it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back