• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 LSD's for all FN2's

Apparently FN2's ordered from May onwards will come with an LSD as standard in any colour :)

So if you're getting one, hold off and re-order :)

Although, there probably will be a cost implication, but I'm not sure what it is.

Wonder what this does to the price of the C/W - surely this cannot command a premium for the colour alone now can it? it's not even metallic. Then again, it's all speculation - as I'm not sure whether it's available anymore in C/W?

Source: Gordon's Honda.

All Civic Type R GT’s built from April 2010 now feature a Limited Slip Differential (LSD) as standard.

The benefits of the Limited Slip Differential are improved handling through increased stability under braking, grip through bends and traction out of them. When EVO magazine tested both versions of the Type R at Bedford Autodrome, the LSD equipped Type R completed the lap in 1 minute 31.8 seconds, some 3 seconds a lap quicker than the non-LSD equipped car. It is worth noting that the LSD equipped Type R was quicker around the track than any of its key competitors such as the VW Golf GTi and Scirocco TSi (both 1minute 32.4s) and the Ford Focus ST(1 minute 33.6s).

The Type R GT with LSD compliments the Type R range which also boasts the exclusive Type R Mugen 200, as the name suggests production is limited to just 200 cars.

The Type R GT with LSD order bank will opened on 1 May 2010 with first deliveries week commencing 4 May 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's saying something about the pre-April 10 FN2...

I just read about this on Civinfo and came to post on here.

It'll be silly season from now until the new model comes out. There will be special editions galore IMHO. I'll put money on there being a GT Premier Edition.

I'm with you on the revisions thing, it seems likely! 37th anniversary edition coming soon no doubt :rolleyes:

What's worrying about this is that how would you even know for sure if yours has got one fitted or not? I mean the dealer might tell you it has, but until you've got the keys etc you wouldn't know for sure.

What's worrying about this is that how would you even know for sure if yours has got one fitted or not? I mean the dealer might tell you it has, but until you've got the keys etc you wouldn't know for sure.

There is a plate under the cowl that has the manufactured date on it. If it is on or after 1st April 2010 it'll have an LSD. Or you could ask the dealer for the VIN before delivery and double check with HUK.

Back