• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 vs FN2 vs DC5

I bought a 30th anniversary four years ago and still think its brilliant. Would I sell it for a DC5.... No, because they are too similar and you have to pay £3-£4k more for a similar age and mileage Integra.

Having owned both, I would say the DC5 is noticeably different/better to a 30th AE.

Would I go back to a UKDM EP3 after having my DC5... Er no.

In financial terms is it £4k better than a UK car though. If money and running costs were no option, fine. But the only JDM car I'd go for is an FD2 as you get four doors!

I've had two UKDM EP3's and a DC5 and the DC5 is much better in many ways.

Chris speaks the truth!

The DC5s are even screwed together better, they just seem that little bit more solid.

My DC5 is 7 going on 8 years old and it still feels like new. Everything is put together really well and nothing has gone wrong with it in 3 years of ownership *touches wood* :eek:

However, ive never owned a Civic but they don't appeal to me, if i was swayed to a Civic with a £10k budget then i would of gone for a JDM EP3 as Dotty has suggested. Its the same as the DC5 but lighter (i believe).

To the OP, my advice would be pick up a tidy, FSH, low mileage 55 plate Premier for £7k. I've taken a look on Pistonheads and generally, £10k gets you an 03-05 plate DC5 with 50-70k miles. You can pick up FD2's for £14k with 20k miles. I've driven all three and if your saying the differential between the EP3 and DC5 of £4k is worth it, then so it the additional £4k for an FD2 over a DC5.

From a performance perspective;

FD2>DC5/EK9>EP3>FN2.

Value for money wise;

FD2>FN2/EP3>EK9/DC5

You can pick up FD2's for £14k with 20k miles.

You can, but not very often at all. Most FD2's are still going for +16K Most of the DC5's on PH are admittedly around the 10K mark, but the only reason they're still on there is because they haven't been sold. There are quite a few on there that have been on there for quite a while i.e. they're asking too much for them. It's not unusual for earlier DC5's to go for as little as 8K now.

after having both an UKDM EP3 and now DC5 i would say that the difference is huge. the DC5 does feel more solid and has more BHP, torque etc and the gear box is just epic. dont get me wrong i loved my EP3, a very fun car but i would not go back to one unless it was JDM and supercharged.

one thing to consider as other people have stated if you do go for a DC5 the insurance is more, and parts are harder in some respects to source, certainly they take longer to get here. where as EP3 parts are very easy to get hold of.

Back