• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR EP3 squeaky clutch?

Hi guys, my clutch has just began to squeak, anyone had tha same prob? any sugestions on how to get rid as is quite annoying. Regards, G

It's the clutch pivot point most likely...it can get worse until the pedal feels a bit "grindy". Can either be the slave cylinder piston or the release fork, pivot point...or both. You can unattach the slave cylinder piston from the release fork and clean/grease it up, and you can access the inner pivot point through the rubber bung and "very" gently add a drop of oil or a dab of grease. I've been doing mine every 6 months or so for years, just gets dry after a while.

It's the clutch pivot point most likely...it can get worse until the pedal feels a bit "grindy". Can either be the slave cylinder piston or the release fork, pivot point...or both. You can unattach the slave cylinder piston from the release fork and clean/grease it up, and you can access the inner pivot point through the rubber bung and "very" gently add a drop of oil or a dab of grease. I've been doing mine every 6 months or so for years, just gets dry after a while.

Any chance of a guide with pics next time? Could be very useful. :) :)

This sounds like the same thing that's happening to mine, it's making a creaky noise when I depress the pedal sometimes. A guide to fixing this would be great :)

If the noise is coming from the slave cylinder area then you need to get them to grease a few things up down there as they get dry, thats all it is.

Behind this rubber bung is the clutch pivot arm point, it needs a drop of oil or a dab of grease.

DSCN1103.jpg

Also seperate the end of the slave cylinder pushrod from the end of the clutch pivot arm and clean and grease both up.

DSCN1101.jpg

Hey just a quick one regarding this, my clutch pedal has just started doing this.

Any preferance on which grease/oil to use?

Mine too. Think it's just a simple thing as I have a new clutch. I have oiled a few other bits recently to stop squeaks too (seat hinge etc) its understandable as it's an older car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back