• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Japspeed Impreza Drift Car Stolen from Santa Pod 11/06/11

Loxy

Site Treasurer
Administrator
I've looked but looks like no-one has posted this up yet.

http://www.drifted.com/jordan-butters/news-japspeed-impreza-stolen/9676/

http://www.thebritishdriftchampionship.co.uk/tag/japspeed/

IMG_4540-620x413.jpg

Cheeky beggars. :mad:

It's because we don't give a sh!t about faceless corporations.

And the rest of the known universe has been shouting about it ever since it happened.

Can't believe someone would be so stupid as to pinch that car, you have to be some kind of dumb to do that.

It's been found crashed in Windsor according to somebody on Facebook, obviously couldn't cope with the race slicks it had on in the rain.

So, the thread can be locked/binned?

Go on their facebook page and just :lol: at the emotional outpourings of fvcknuggets:

Gina Waters This has made my week. I'm OVER THE MOON you have it back!

WELCOME HOME SCOOBY ♥

Mark Davies Awesome news. Well chuffed for you guys. Covered over 500 miles locally searching services, back roads, and dumping grounds. Hope everything is good with the car. well done guys. :).

It's because we don't give a sh!t about faceless corporations.

And the rest of the known universe has been shouting about it ever since it happened.

So, the thread can be locked/binned?

Go on their facebook page and just :lol: at the emotional outpourings of fvcknuggets:

Most of the time I do think you're funny/witty/insightful bud, but you're being a bit harsh about this.

Is there something I'm missing? You just don't like Japspeed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the time I do think you're funny/witty/insightful bud, but you're being a bit harsh about this.

Is there something I'm missing? You just don't like Japspeed?
i think its the fact, whould they have done the same if it was your car?

i dont think so

i think its the fact, whould they have done the same if it was your car?

i dont think so

All of the FB stuff yeah, that can FOAD.

However if I get my car stolen from a car show and post up on here...

Then again I wouldn't leave it parked up with the keys in the ignition, engine running. :lol:

All of the FB stuff yeah, that can FOAD.

However if I get my car stolen from a car show and post up on here...

Then again I wouldn't leave it parked up with the keys in the ignition, engine running. :lol:

thing is it was a drift race car or what ever you want to call it, no keys, all it will be is a push button start once you have primed the pumps it will start, from what i gather all the did is remove the battery so someone knew what they were doing to find where the battery should sit, reconnect it and start it

but as you say, you leave **** unlocked you sort of deserve it

thing is it was a drift race car or what ever you want to call it, no keys, all it will be is a push button start once you have primed the pumps it will start, from what i gather all the did is remove the battery so someone knew what they were doing to find where the battery should sit, reconnect it and start it

but as you say, you leave **** unlocked you sort of deserve it

I saw a few of them at Castle Combe left in the display area running, not just the Japspeed ones. I just assume they were running the turbo temps down before turning them off.

Fair enough though, makes sense for the push start and fuel pumps and removing the battery. Like you said, sounds like someone knew what they were doing.

I think what Fooly is trying to point out is that people are treating this like somebody has lost their child.

Yes it was a shame it got nicked and was good news that it was found again, but there was almost mass hysteria about this on FB over the weekend. It's a car FFS.

Saying that, never underestimate the capabilities of a social network site for spreading news. I think the outcome would have been somewhat different if every other persons profile pick and update didn't contain that fcuking car with it's big gay orange wheels.

Good to here they got it back. A very strange theft though. Clearly someone knew what they were doing and then just stole a very tricked drift car just to drive around the south east of england, why? Obviously not you daily joyrider knicking novas and fiestas.

I usually try to remember to take the keys out of Spirit as soon as I can when she comes back into the pit garage and the engine is off. But I have to say, sometimes I forget as you can have a lot on your mind and sometimes we need the ignition on.

But there's a lesson here which I can learn from for nothing. It wouldn't be too hard to steal a competition car as quite a lot of the security features from the original road car will have been removed. Competition car insurance tends to stop when the car is not locked up in its workshop or being driven on the public road. From what I can see in similar circumstances I don't think Spirit would be covered on my policy at all.

Seano

Back