• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Where can i find/confirm the engine code on a K20?

as per the thread title really... just want to confirm the engine code on my engine really (and let others know where to find it) there are lots of K's out there and i know the K20a3 for example is of much lower tune compared to the K20a out the CTR

thanks

Aye, k20a, k20a2, k20z4 etc.

02-1.jpg

Ok so mine says k20A2... So am I right in thinking this is from a type S accord and not a type r civic? :s I hope the belt aand thermostat housing I bought fit

I was going off this mate - From Wiki: "K20A2 found in the Acura RSX Type-S,"

and where as in the pic you posted it says K20A mine says K20A2

so is it any different from UK civic engines?

The wikipedia article used to list the K20a2 specs, but someone has removed it, probably because the engine specs were wrong or something. I've thought about putting it back on, but my Wikipedia edits usually get deleted by some overprotective originator, so I've given up to be honest.

I just googled for that image to be honest to show you where to look, mine is a K20z4 and I was going out to take a picture! :lol:

K20a is a JDM spec engine as found in the JDM EP3, DC5 and a slightly different design but still designated K20a is found in the FD2.

K20a2 is the EUDM Spec engine that was also shared with the Acura Type S, so wikipedia is correct on that point.

K20a2 specs are:
2.0 16 valve DOHC i-VTEC
Capacity 1998cc
Max power 200ps/197bhp @ 7,400 rpm
Max torque 196Nm @ 5,900 rpm
Compression Ratio: 11:1
Bore (mm):86
Stroke (mm):86

Hope this helps.

I've read your posts Ben. It just needs some people to walk out to their cars and confirm the first number theory. I've not had an NA K20 for about 18 months/2 years now so I couldn't tell you.

I'm hopeless with engines but I've had a quick look at mine. I've got a 2004 facelift and mine says K20A2. Not sure if that helps much.

The numbers start 400 #### so that makes sense if it's an 04 plate I guess.

Back