• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

Yes!

13052012807.jpg

The internal door pulls were in need of some love, so I thought I'd try something fun. I think they came out well, I call them the paradox handles; cliched and unique at the same time!
They are of course in Honda colours, milano red and polar white.

270520121045.jpg
[/IMG]

270520121044.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
It was sunny today, so I thought I'd go for a wee drive, found my gopro was in the car, my wee drive lasted 4 hours...

[video=youtube;TSMrbuaSObs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSMrbuaSObs[/video]

I edited out the traffic! But the road are pretty quiet if you pick the right time, though you never know what you're going to find around the next corner. In that vid theres a cut at 1:06 because I went around the corner to find a range rover reversing down the road at about 30mph. Bloody tourists do it all the time around here.

It's a gopro hero 2 with a 170 degree lens, I mainly use it for skiing and biking. I bought a suction cup mount for the car a couple weeks back, it works great (remember to tether it though, they do fall off!), and I was using an external mic for that vid. The picture quality and frame rate of gopros is excellent and you can take them anywhere, however, they are quite limited by not having a zoom or most of the basic functions of camcorders. To get good footage with a gopro takes a bit of experience (and alot of experimentation), they only really do one thing, but they do it bloody well.

Here's some b-reel footage from last ski season, this is what gopros are designed to do.

[video=youtube;ZeARyt85vmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeARyt85vmU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The internal door pulls were in need of some love, so I thought I'd try something fun. I think they came out well, I call them the paradox handles; cliched and unique at the same time!
They are of course in Honda colours, milano red and polar white.

270520121045.jpg
[/IMG]

270520121044.jpg
[/IMG]

ive been looking at mine recently to do this!! yours look great. are they easy to remove? i assume its a whole door card removal to get them out?

ive been looking at mine recently to do this!! yours look great. are they easy to remove? i assume its a whole door card removal to get them out?

The handle inserts?

Oh no, simples!

There is a little hole on the back of the handle, get something with a bend in it like an allen key and push it in. The inserts just pop out.

Oh no, simples!

A picture paints a thousand words!

010620121063.jpg
[/IMG]

010620121066.jpg
[/IMG]

010620121068.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm no stranger to (impulse) spray painting, and these were surprisingly difficult. They're quite small, and painting this design took ages! It's really time consuming sanding each coat smooth enough to give crisp paint lines with masking tape. It's also easy to sand too much off on the corners, there's probably 7 coats on there...

I am SO tempted to paint my center console to match :lol:

I need to wait and get a new head unit, and one of those surroundy bits, what are they called? Facia? And where can you buy them?

I got one from halfrauds for my 5 door back in the day, but I've not had any luck this time around.

Back