• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sam's Accord Type R

Keep an eye on the ST170. Sam loved hers, really good cars

I just stepped out of a 03 dolphin grey st170, good car to drive but lacks power especially as they marked them up with 170 bhp. Haha lucky if you get one over 150 bhp also a bit heavy on juice

I don't need power, it's a second car to an S2000. I don't need an ST170 tbh, doesn't stop me looking though. :lol:

So an update to the thread.

I took the car in for an MOT last Thursday and it failed. Sam put the fail sheet up in another thread.

To to keep the costs down we sourced the parts needed ourselves.
The emmisions were at 14% not .4% :lol:

We managed to source a cat from Euro Car Parts for £70 which was a bargain. Then it needed some brake pads as the caliper had fried the old ones.
Then the guys at the garage (Automechanix) welded up the small spot, then adjusted a twisted brake line. They then refurbed the caliper at the rear but the slider had broken so we needed a new one.
They then found a brake line was threaded so a new one was needed. The headlight sensor was freed and loosened up and is working now. They then had to cut and fit the cat using the de-cat pipe due to the lambda sensors.

So all in all and £530 later, the ATR is back on the road. It does have an advisory on the disc that the caliper was seized on but all is good.

Brakes International for refurbished calipers, very cheap. Then get discs and pads as needed from Cox or Hendy.

Cheers for the info but the caliper is all free and ok now.

Pads were £18 from Euro :lol:
Not going to put anything decent on it as itll be sold in a couple of months

Back