Home
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Long story short
    I purchased the Blue set way back when Rick released them with the plug n play connector but only fitted it 2 weeks ago and I'm finding the blue is clashing with the mats and the door trim ambient lights,
    A young lad at work has just purchased a 9th gen sport and seeing as his dash light is naturally blue I told him I'd give him mine and I'll buy a set in red....
    He's a tad slow so I popped on the EBay App to show him and just basically clicked buy it now to rid him.

It's the blue plug n play adapter that I'm trying to unplug from the fuse box, I've pressed the little spring clip thingy and tugged but I can't budge it, I'm wondering if I need to press that and prise the white blocks up,
    if it won't budge I'll either live with it or cut and solder the red strips on

Thanked 8,042 Times in 5,605 Posts

It's a the OEM Honda plug it it's from Rick, it will 100% come out. No need to cut and solder.

Like this?

Push the tab on fully and it should wiggle free. I can only think you're not fully pressing the tab.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Loxy For This Useful Post:

dweezle (30-10-2019)

It's the blue one https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...r-Dashcams-etc

The tab was fully pressed but big hands and little wiggle room made it difficult,
    It snapped into place well so it probably does need a decent wiggle, I'll try again Friday in daylight I might even try removing some dash trim and going from above.
    I'll report back

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dweezle For This Useful Post:

Loxy (30-10-2019)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Loxy For This Useful Post:

dweezle (31-10-2019)

Sticking with the blue
    Got it half out twice but no further, so for the sake of damaging something I decided I can live with it

Quote Originally Posted by dweezle View Post
    Sticking with the blue
    Got it half out twice but no further, so for the sake of damaging something I decided I can live with it
    pity, i swapped out my interior bulbs for red led,s and it looks great at night, picks out the red seats nice
    Championship White Type R GT FK2 , Tegiwa B Pipe, Remus Responder, Pipercross, Climair