• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anybody ever imported any Honda's from Japan?

The price for some cars like Integra Dc5 is over the top on the UK market however after a bit more researching I understand that the costs rack up and a £6/7000 dc5 is similar to one being imported which may initially only cost £4,500 but with a 30% tax duty and shipping costs it can rack upto £6/7000, again similar to the UK market.

Any thoughts or experiences? Please share

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive imported one or two

Just in the process of importing an FD2 and my previous imports are DC5 and S15.
You may pay slightly more importing a car in but i find the quality is a lot better due to their conditions over there. The auction houses in Japan give you a grade sheet which tells you the condition of the body work and depending who you import with, they sort out any problems they find before you pick the car up.

I find its worth paying the extra for the guarantee.
However, the downsides are waiting for the right car and then waiting for the car to come to the UK and be made road legal. For example, my car was purchased last week and i'll get it mid March.

These guys above have nice cars though, worth checking out

Back