• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Looking at returning dc5 or ep3

Hi I've had a couple of ep3's in the past I'm thinking about buying either an ep3 or Dc5.
Is the there much noticeable difference between the two given the extra bit of power?
one of my favourite parts of the ep3 is the gearbox how does the dc5 compare?

The gearbox feel between the 2 are the same, nice and short, tight throws the DC5 does have better ratios though. A friend of mine has a DC5 I have an EP3, can't give a performance comparison really because he's running DC Sports 4-2-1 and catback, Teg m, plus Mugen suspension and he's removed various parts for weight saving etc, I'm running a custom catback and just fitted a FC Design airbox kit so his is quicker than mine, not sure on standard one's but I would say the DC5 would be quicker.

Plus the DC5 has a LSD, it's more of a drivers car, but some would say the EP3 is more practical.

Depends on what you want, two great cars. If I got rid of mine and was going to get another I would consider a JDM EP3.

DC5 will hold the value better plus in comparison to the ep3 they are rarely seen on uk roads making it a little more special

cheers guys im still unsure if I would prefer an Ep3 facelift rather than a pre facelift DC5 im just not sold on the front grill

My mum has an Ep3 which I quite often drive that was what made think about another.
I think I will have to take the DC5 for a run see if its worth the money
Cheers

Back