• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 R+ mode

Ok how much do u use the R+ mode? I'm still getting used to the car so haven't gone near it to much yet. or do you fined the ride to hard?

The ride is too hard on the road to use it on the OEM 19" wheels I've found. Even on a smooth motorway it gives too much bounce.

I was pressing on the other day after putting the OEM wheels back on, once I turned it off I found the car much more composed and compliant. It was OK on the 18" wheels I had been using over winter, but I think I'll be saving +R for track only really.

I had it on over the Brecon Beacons but the roads are like a race track not a single pot hole. But will be Saving it for track days I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99% of the time I'm in normal mode. Only when somebody wants to ,,race'' me or I want to go bezerk on a nice piece of road, I press the R button. :)

The only time I've used it is to show people what it does. Welsh roads really don't suit R mode. Hopefully one day I'll get to use it on the track.

Not usable on the road. The car is unsafe, might aswell bounce off the road... Track only.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think i agree now I'm getting used to the car have tried it a couple of times way to hard. Think honda missed a trick should have *** a R mode were you get everything except the stiffer suspension and then the R+ mode for the track.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think i agree now I'm getting used to the car have tried it a couple of times way to hard. Think honda missed a trick should have *** a R mode were you get everything except the stiffer suspension and then the R+ mode for the track.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Agree, I had the same thing with my previous J VXR. The VXR button did the same thing as the +R button. I loved the increased throttle response but hated the rock hard suspension for daily drive.

At the J VXR it was possible to calibrate the faster response to be in normal mode, so no need to press the VXR button anymore. Hope it will be able for the Type R as well when the ECU is digged out deep.

Drove mine in +R for the first time on the way home from work. Done 2500 miles in std mode. Couldn't tell any difference in throttle response however steering noticably heavier (like my non PAS Land Rover!) and suspension like a go kart! Made for a fun few miles, but I'll still be using Std mode for most if my miles.

I actually love the +R mode. It goes on as soon as I am on my own in the car and am pushing it. Love the sensation it gives as you can feel EVERY bump. Not a lot of fun on long motorway drive though.

I actually love the +R mode. It goes on as soon as I am on my own in the car and am pushing it. Love the sensation it gives as you can feel EVERY bump. Not a lot of fun on long motorway drive though.
I've used it little more now im used to the car but do fined when im really playing on the b roads can u settle the car but that might just be me as im no racing driver!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You literally feel the car release all the tension out of it when you turn off +R it's like it's been holding it's breath for a while and has just let out a sigh of relief :)

I use it quite a lot I'm quite lucky as there is a great stretch of road running from work all the way home so I pretty much have 15 miles of dual carriageway to use +R mode in.
I turn it off through the small towns I drive through as you notice the stiffness so much more at slower speeds.

Apparently you can buy a chip which keeps +R mode on to obtain the additional throttle response but it doesn't stiffen up the ride, maybe worth investigating that as an aftermarket mod.

Back