• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Tp's FN2 vs Tp's EP3 * NOW STOLEN!

I drove down to London yesterday to pick up some track tires for the liner yesterday and just after leaving it hit a massive pothole. It wrecked the rim and burst the tire. Thing is these FN2's dont have a spare or space saver so your knackered.

Honda also dont have rims sitting on the shelf so its special order from manufacturer in Belgium. So I have car sitting in essex dead, AA say tough **** its an RTA and your not covered by the AA relay I paid over £200 for and the insurance company will only recover to a local compound to await repair.

As for me being stuck 240 miles from home, wheel being freighted out to my local boys at Honda...tough **** is the reply, not their problem.

6 hours later I'm on a transporter taking me and car back to Warrington.
get home about 10 and push the car onto the drive.
Plan is pick up wheel and tire in morning, fit myself then get tracking sorted. Claim off Essex council.

Didnt get that far though. House was broken into last night, keys stolen and off they go with car and few other bits.
Insurance company now think I'm not only mental for not carrying a spare, but 2nd claim in 24 hours!

Its one of them stolen to order jobbies CID recon. Been a load latley. thing is we didnt know until we got up at 7. GF's son was asleep in front room and heard nothing. Shame really as he is a martial arts expert in Coldstream Guards and home on leave.

So. Cars gone with shagged front wheel so they couldnt get too far. They obviously didnt know this when they took it and quick look round local dumping places and nothing. they recon there could have been a trailor waiting for it round the corner.

Good thing is everyones OK. Things can be replaced. Am worried about the GTR but to be honest it does stick out like a sore thumb and police said dont worry about that too much.

More gutted I left the wheels for the GTR in the back covered.
The irony of it all though. Stuck in London with car full of wheels and none bloody fit!

Just sounds like everythings gone from bad to worse for you, unluckly dude :(

Why did they say not to worry too much about the GTR? Surely thats more desirable thieves (no offence)

Dirty robbing b******s,sorry to hear bout that,you must be f*****g gutted,happend to my mate last year,robbers broke into his house while he and his wife and two kids were sleeping and took the keys to his rs4 audi...bloody frightening......got his car back three days later...it was a total shell they stripped everything out of it,dont mean to sound to harsh,hope they catch the fukcers and hang them by the bawz...

A TRO collective curse upon the scum.. :evil:

As long as the Family are safe and sound. Hope the insurance do not get funny with you too..

And a note to FN2 owners - if you trash a wheel then expect to wait for a new one if they are on special order at the moment. :!:

Why did they say not to worry too much about the GTR? Surely thats more desirable thieves (no offence)

Not really.
If you consider they stick out like a sore thumb so easily spotted, its stickered up as its a Time Attack race car, it sits 25mm at lowest point off the ground and can be heard for miles it doesnt make for the best or easiest car to driveaway in the middle of the night.
It wont do kerbs or speed humps and will only do a few miles before needing fuel!

The cars that are going are the "desirable" ones that could be sold on for ££££ quick and easy by just changing a few details like reg and chassis numbers. popular carsare the Type R, Evo and Scoobs. yeah GTR could be stripped for spares but they more interested in re-selling......and in my case its not gonna be that easy.

FN2 was found at 1am last night....In Liverpool suprise suprise.
Guess they couldnt get it far due to the damaged wheel and police got to it before it could be moved again.

Dunno if Im lucky or not.
Cant get to see it as its impounded for SOC people.

Not really.
If you consider they stick out like a sore thumb so easily spotted, its stickered up as its a Time Attack race car, it sits 25mm at lowest point off the ground and can be heard for miles it doesnt make for the best or easiest car to driveaway in the middle of the night.
It wont do kerbs or speed humps and will only do a few miles before needing fuel!

The cars that are going are the "desirable" ones that could be sold on for ££££ quick and easy by just changing a few details like reg and chassis numbers. popular carsare the Type R, Evo and Scoobs. yeah GTR could be stripped for spares but they more interested in re-selling......and in my case its not gonna be that easy.

FN2 was found at 1am last night....In Liverpool suprise suprise.
Guess they couldnt get it far due to the damaged wheel and police got to it before it could be moved again.

Dunno if Im lucky or not.
Cant get to see it as its impounded for SOC people.

whereabouts in liverpool?

mine was in kirkby

At least its been found.

Once everythings been dealt with will you want the car back after this ordeal?

Thing is your knackered whatever you do.
Keep it your left with a Stolen/recovered and that sits on the cars history forever.
Then there is the worry of them coming back.
Its all so wrong. You work hard for what you have for some theiving pikey to just take it away. You end up living a prisoner in your own house as you know they will have to get the keys off you or they cant get into the car!

I had to drop the spare keys off at the compound today as the car was locked and there is no way in as the locks are so good! Only way is breaking windows and they wont do that for H&S reasons.

Chris...dunno where it was found yet just it was Liverpool and in a compound somewhere. Had to drop keys off in Bootle but it wasnt there.

That sucks. Your so right though; I read a thread on CTRO recently about a guy who left his keys by his bed, only to wake up in the middle of the night by pikey scum standing next to him.

I think i'd rather just leave the keys downstairs and let them take it. The last thing I want is a family at gun point or something over some metal :(

Sorry if i'm being stupid, but how did they take the car off your driveway if it was locked? If they had lifting equipment etc it must be a fairly 'professional' outfit :(

Sorry if i'm being stupid, but how did they take the car off your driveway if it was locked? If they had lifting equipment etc it must be a fairly 'professional' outfit :(

They broke into the house while we were asleep upstairs.
If they haddnt have found the keys....what then?:evil:

thats why im sort of glad that i was on holiday when they took mine, like you say Paul its knocked a few grand offthe resale value thats why mine is staying for a few more years!

they took mine to bootle, past walton prison and wouldnt let me see it either, the SOCO had not looked at it.

i got the most information from the CID

:eek: :eek: :evil: :evil: So wrong. Totally gutted for you. Hope they catch the thieving scumhead bastids, and that your CTR is okay after its ordeal.

People will moan about dyno's not reading true numbers, finger in air figures but over the last few years and money invested in the software Paul’s dyno at TDi is reading pretty much same as the CPL and a couple of other Dyno Dynamics so can be used as a benchmark.
[/quote]

Here is a stock EP3 vs stock FN2 chart as measured on our dyno, power is at the wheels

Latest:

SOC have finished with the car and its been released to the insurance company for checking out.
CID say they have found a few usefull things, prints, fibers etc.
Also had call from Bank to say they tried to use a cash card but it retained the card as they were reported stolen.
Thing is all cash machines have cameras fitted so it looks promising they could identify/catch the ****ers. :evil:

No other news on the car yet.

Back