• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Finally got round to installing some ICE equipment

I have finally embarked on fitting my speaker to the front doors of my Cosmic EP3.

The guy I bought my cosmic from was a nice guy, he didn’t own this car for very long, 11 months. A member of the local Police constabulary too. His installation skills on the head unit was shocking. I just hope he is a better copper than he is installer.
After ripping all that out and doing it properly (I wish I had taken pictures), I wondered why the rear speakers didn't work. Turns out he had 6x9 in the rear parcel shelf and left the wires in the boot. Traced them back to the rear speaker mounts and found that the fly lead was secured by twisting the wire together and using insulation tape to hold it.
Nice. So I fixed that with some crimps.

Roll on 5 months, I am now going to tackle the front speakers.
I have a nice component set of Diamond Audio M6 17cm speakers. I have owned these for a very long time. The Diamond Audio components are over 10 years old. This was the best equipment at the time. Can't believe they retailed at almost £600 back on the day. Still sound crystal clear.
I had to replace a damaged tweeter, so I put in a pair of JL Audio C5 tweeters.
I had bought a few things from Steve, formally of Dalco Audio back in December, MDF rings, sound deadening, wave diffusers and moisture guards.
I finally got round to actually start fitting it. The previous owner fitted some pioneer co-axial speakers to the fronts. Again, like the rear, a p!$$ poor job.

I managed to cover most of the doors in sound deadening sheets.
0e4a0e0b.jpg
i have managed to

Previous owner had just twisted the wires together, and then sealed them with insulation tape. I decided to solder them in
e13d56d1.jpg

Wave Diffuser fitted into door as well - you can just about see it.
7930b1f1.jpg

57e0fad1.jpg

MDF ring now fitted too.
d72b1807.jpg

Cross over mounted - only place i could put it, because it is so damn big
8b2085f8.jpg

Door almost completed - and wiring needed.....
895ceb1b.jpg

Door card is back on, and the tweeter has been mounted.
540e7b9e.jpg

Looking good. Sounds amazing. What a huge difference. Well worth the time spent.

good effort man! if it cost £600 then so long as its been looked after it will match up if not beat anything for that value today.

Thanks Dan,

It was hard work. Mostly because of the bad weather. But anyone who needs assistance - i should be able to help!!!

The gear sounds crystal clear - as good as the day i bought it. I didn't pay £600 for the speakers - i had made friends with guys at the distrubuters and paid a little more than half.

Next update will be when i fit the amp!! Really looking forward to that!!

You should come along to JAE in September. There will be a load of us heading up from the South East again, it's a good laugh.

It's not too bad a job on the EP3, I mounted mine on an MDF board screwed into the back of the NS rear seat. Be warned, careful how you insulate screws/amps/seat frames etc. Don't want to end up in inadvertantly earthing your amp via the screws into the seat. :D

Back