• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

the toothpaste trick definitely works but in my experience it only lasts about 3-4 days before they go back to how they were unfortunately :(. Great if you're going to a show like JAE and just want to brighten them up though for the event though :) . Interested to see if yours last any longer.

the toothpaste trick definitely works but in my experience it only lasts about 3-4 days before they go back to how they were unfortunately :(. Great if you're going to a show like JAE and just want to brighten them up though for the event though :) . Interested to see if yours last any longer.

Yeah be interesting to see how long it goes before they mist up again Nick, from your experience it doesn't sound like it takes too long but as a quick fix it will do for now.

Be good to see you at JAE buddy!!

Last few bits all turned up today and the car is coming off the road over the weekend to get these fitted and to start getting the car prepped for JAE...

03.09.jpg

Also popped across to Honda this afternoon and had a nose around the new FK2, have to admit its pretty striking in the metal and it looks a lot better than the people hung up on the concept give it credit for.
Looks a lot more aggressive than most hot hatches available at the moment and the interior looks a really nice place to sit, not sure I could justify the £32k price tag although I know there is some Honda wizardry going on underneath but if it was £5-£6k cheaper I might have been tempted.

03.09 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That one is a non-GT bud. It'll meet you half way at £30k. :lol:

I agree though, it's a lot of money and the 4 month wait along with money burning a hole in the bank book isn't helping. I keep catching myself looking at Pistonheads...

That one is a non-GT bud. It'll meet you half way at £30k. :lol:

I agree though, it's a lot of money and the 4 month wait along with money burning a hole in the bank book isn't helping. I keep catching myself looking at Pistonheads...

:D what's the exterior visual difference between the GT and non-GT models John? I didn't realise it was a non-GT version.

Did look lovely sitting on the forecourt and being the blue I had to tag you into the pic haha £30k+ just feels a little rich but I appreciate the amount of technology compared to previous Type R's is at a different level.

Don't fall into temptation though mate, although I couldn't help but look at R34's haha

The non-GTs don't have the red stripe on the front splitter and they don't have front parking sensors.

I keep thinking there are so many cars I could buy for £33.5k. I could buy two, have a weekend car and a daily. Then I go back to looking at the new shape STis.

Cheers John i know what to look out for between the GT and non GT models going forward.

The problem for you is you've got the money but a 4 month wait so human nature leads to impatience and looking at other options lol if the Type R was being delivered next week it wouldn't be an issue.

Stick with the plan though mate just think how happy you will be when a shiny new Type R is ready for collection ;)

JAE prep moving along slowly but at least its moving, on Saturday I fitted the new wiper arms to replace the tired worn out originals and gave the interior a good clean and the seats a freshen up, wiper arms were a bit of a pig to remove but I got there in the end.

Sunday I moved onto the exterior starting with a two bucket wash, clay bar and two layers of R222 wax - brilliant stuff this recommended by Mark, the car is now in the garage until Thursday to save the hassle of getting it dirty and having to clean it again before JAE.
Also fitted the FN2 style rear Type R badge and attempted to fit the new Type R sideskirt decals but they looked awful so ended up getting annoyed and launched them into the bin lol

Tomorrow night its the engine bay that's going to get the once over and then on Weds night/Thursday morning the wheels will come off and be cleaned, polished and tyre dressed, roll on JAE I'm fed up of cleaning :D

I had a similar experience with the tooth paste method only lasting a few weeks, I just used some stuff which came with a polish compound and sealer which lasts 3 months (then just re apply more sealer). Might be worth a look think it was called Quixx but it's on my build thread.

Looking forward to seeing some pic's of all that cleaning.

So JAE is still officially in full swing, but as I decided to come back a night early due to having an early start on Monday, it gives me chance to get some photos uploaded. :)

What a great event, it was really good to see a few familiar faces from JAE 2013 and put some names to new faces, the weather was spot on too, bar rain through the night on Friday and a couple of monsoon type short showers this morning.

A big thank you to Loxy for organising such a brilliant event, Sam, Carrie, Sam and Loxy (again) for sorting out all of the catering for the full weekend, its safe to say that no other car club will have eaten as well as we did during JAE.

The only negative being you get to see too many ridiculously superb cars (and that's just the TRO stand) and come back home with serious naughty thoughts/itches for FD2's, S2000's, Skyline's, Impreza's and such like.

Have a good last evening all and safe journey's home tomorrow, especially Jamie and Matt with a return journey to bonny Scotland.

JAE19.jpgJAE20.jpgJAE1.jpgJAE2.jpgJAE3.jpgJAE4.jpgJAE5.jpgJAE6.jpgJAE7.jpgJAE8.jpgJAE9.jpgJAE10.jpgJAE11.jpgJAE12.jpgJAE13.jpgJAE14.jpgJAE15.jpgJAE16.jpgJAE17.jpgJAE18.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I did want to have a proper look at your car yesterday before we left but when you had the bonnet up there was a bit of a crowd and then I forgot

I did want to have a proper look at your car yesterday before we left but when you had the bonnet up there was a bit of a crowd and then I forgot

Great to see you again Ed and shame you couldn't of stayed longer, maybe next year??

I did get some really kind comments about the car and think the stand rocked with the mix that we had.

Still feeling depressed after our conversation about running costs though haha

Nice see you again mate. :smt023:smt023:smt023

Great to see you and Sam again too mate!! :)

Had a great laugh and thanks for providing part of the food for the weekend, the curry was ridiculously tasty!!

FD2 is amazing too buddy, think I may have drooled on it and Chris's S2000 a little :D

Great to see you and Sam again too mate!! :)

Had a great laugh and thanks for providing part of the food for the weekend, the curry was ridiculously tasty!!

FD2 is amazing too buddy, think I may have drooled on it and Chris's S2000 a little :D

Curry was amazing, I'm so glad I live close and you're not too far off ;)

Back