• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Good to meet you Pete, Jamie and I will be back next year see you then.

Really good to meet you and Jamie too Si, absolutely loved your Milano EP3 and quite glad I never had to park next to it haha.

Be good to see you next year, looking forward to hearing how you find the K100 and seeing what else you decide to do during the next 12 months :)

I want to upgrade the head unit as well. It's made my weekend with the amount of attention that my car got. It's made all the effort worthwhile.

Great to see you again Ed and shame you couldn't of stayed longer, maybe next year??

I did get some really kind comments about the car and think the stand rocked with the mix that we had.

Still feeling depressed after our conversation about running costs though haha
Trust me you get more smiles per mile then me although I don't miss droning exhausts.

I can see next year being missed completely with two young kids, will have to plan for the year after

Just catching up on the forum. Nice to meet you again Pete.

You've actually managed to make the wife's car look half decent in that pic! :lol:

I had a good look round all of the cars on the stand this year. I spent a good amount of time drooling at your Stoptechs!

Just catching up on the forum. Nice to meet you again Pete.

You've actually managed to make the wife's car look half decent in that pic! :lol:

I had a good look round all of the cars on the stand this year. I spent a good amount of time drooling at your Stoptechs!

Great to see you again too John and thanks for organising such a brilliant weekend!!

Hope you managed to have a look around the rest of the stands in the end, the Stoptechs are a great bit of kit.

Looking forward to seeing you and your FK2 next year, or before if we could organise a mini meet during the winter.

So I had a bit of a wobble again this week, loads of people around me seem to have purchased or ordered new cars recently which got me browsing the internet again for potential replacements for the Civic, I had narrowed it down to the following shortlist to view/test drive..

1. Mugen 200 FN2
2. WRX STi
3. Evo IX

I was about to make a call and arrange to go and view a WRX STi and Evo IX which were for sale with the same dealer when I dug out the folder for the Civic and reminded myself just how much work, effort and money has gone into making the Type R an awesome NA road car.

With the weather being great in Telford today I decided to take the scenic route back home from the gym and the sh*ts and giggles that the Civic gives made me realise once again that I cant see me being able to let her go.

Thoughts have now turned to Mugen spoilers, J's Racing wings and potentially a cheap daily run around to keep the mileage down on the Type R and to allow me to strip the rear of the car which isn't an option whilst being the daily drive.

I've had a few wobbles recently, my mate came screaming past me in his version 5 sti Scooby the other day which got me thinking. It only took me going out for a drive, no destination, not commuting just a drive and taking it round to the redline to remind me why I own it and love it.

I'm on the hunt for a daily driver, the amount of miles I put on my car is ridiculous.

I've had a few wobbles recently, my mate came screaming past me in his version 5 sti Scooby the other day which got me thinking. It only took me going out for a drive, no destination, not commuting just a drive and taking it round to the redline to remind me why I own it and love it.

I'm on the hunt for a daily driver, the amount of miles I put on my car is ridiculous.

Haha sounds a very similar story Daz :)

Quite an emotional speech there. Lol. I feel the same about mine. There's no way I would part with her and I think you have made the right decision. i haven't driven another car that gets the adrenalin flowing as much as these do. Especially when there all poly bushed and the sheer vibrations just make you smile.

Something German mate, awaiting the stick when I post photos haha

Is it David Hasselhoff?

Seriously though, good luck with the sale Pete. If your anything like me, you will regret the decision for a long time, but its about what you want.

Is it David Hasselhoff?

Seriously though, good luck with the sale Pete. If your anything like me, you will regret the decision for a long time, but its about what you want.

Haha that's brilliant!!

Thanks Tom, hopefully she finds a good home and she will definitely be missed - genuinely only selling to try something new.

Back