• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jperformance Spoon n1 replica problems

Buyers beware...this is a tin pot company making shoddy ill fitting rear silencers for the ep3!!!

I purchased one of these silencers for my ep3...along with a Supersprint un-silenced b-pipe. RUBBISH is being polite about this silencer...the bend on the pipework knocks on the underside of the car's body which is nothing short of annoying and now the baffles have gone inside the can!!! Only been on the car for about 6 weeks now & its only fit for the bin!!!

I have sent Jperformance at least 8 emails complaining about these problems to which I finally got a reply from them saying they would exchange faulty item for me, but then nothing!!! I have sent them more emails asking when will i recieve new silencer but I am not getting any response yet again!!!

If anyone on here is thinking of buying one of these silencers please DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE. They are really quick to take your money but as far as aftersale support is concerned they DO NOT want to know. A total rip off!!!

Do what I should have done and save for a genuine Spoon silencer which will come with Spoon Sports full aftersales back up if you need it! Maybe the 'J' in Jperformance stands for 'joke'??

What did you expect for the money. It's hardly going to be a patch on the proper Spoon systems is it? Buy cheap, buy twice.

What did you expect for the money. It's hardly going to be a patch on the proper Spoon systems is it? Buy cheap, buy twice.
£170 isnt exactly what i would call cheap to be honest with you mate!!!, I am not made of money and thought i had found a bargain.Plenty of vids on you tube of these silencers aswell so others are buying them too. I am just trying to warn others not to make the same mistake as me. The company i bought from was Jperformance but i recieved a Superstreet silencer...so i can only assume they are the same people?!?

I honestly didnt expect spoon quality with this silencer...but at £170 i thought if i got 12-18mth use out of it whilst i try and save for a genuine spoon that i would have had my moneys worth...and i needed an exhaust quickly as the scorpion system i had on the car for the last 5 years was shot at...along with the DC SPORTS race manifold....which had been on the car for at least 9 years...so i had to replace the job lot...and being on a budget i opted for japspeed manifold & decat, supersprint unsilenced b-pipe and n1 replica...all this after new buddyclub alloys & new parada 2 tyres and also new D2 coilovers!...so my options with exhaust was kinda limited due to my cashflow. Its a shame because the silencer looks the part too!
genuine spoon soon as i can offord it but until then will have to live with this silencer.

Buy replica & be surprised when its rubbish?
I have orher replica parts on my car...such as my replica mugen carbon splitter, replica mugen carbon grill & replica mugen carbon rear wing...all perfect!!! Not all replica parts are rubbish bud!

Pm monkeyboykev. He has a used spoon back box he may sell.

Also, these replica parts are hopeless. It's like these sportex b pipes I keep seeing mentioned. A load of tat.

Yes, ive heard bad things as far as fitting is concerned with the sportex so ABP managed to get me a supersprint sent over direct from the manufacturer in Italy. I think a mate of mine may sell me his spoon as he has just bought a piper catback second hand from a guy in Preston. I will pop round and see him later once i finish trimming this damn momo dc2 steering wheel! Cheers for that though dotty!

Its the lack of intrest from Jperformance that has angered me the most since buying this silencer...they just dont want to know. Very very very poor. Steer well clear everyone!

So you bought coilovers and wheels instead of spending the money on something actually needed?

So you bought coilovers and wheels instead of spending the money on something actually needed?
I 'ACTUALLY' needed the coilovers as my standard shockers and lowering springs had had it mate, then once the coilovers were fitted the 18" wheels with 35mm tyre walls made the ride unbearable so yes...new wheels were needed so am back on 17" now with standard size tyres which has made it loads better and alot more usable on the roads where i live as they are riddled with potholes and dodgy pothole repairs. I didnt realise the state the exhaust was in until it was on the ramps at ABP and i had a look see! Thats when i decided to get a new system, by which time my budget was alot less!! My ep3 is a 2002 and ive owned it from new mate and this is the first time in all the years of ownership that i have gone for a cheaper option, but lets be honest...£170 isnt that cheap fella...unlike alot of people on here who only have to worry about paying a phone bill, car insurance & fuel. I dont live with 'mummy & daddy' ace...i have other things to pay out for each month aswell as keeping my car on the road! You will understand as you get older pal!

Lol, patronising much, pal

Own my own property.
On my own.

£170 for an exhaust is pennies.

I'm not too to argue with you... Just echo the buy cheap buy twice mantra.

All i was trying to do was warn people about these systems incase anyone is thinking of buying one of them...thats all folks

Lol, patronising much, pal

Own my own property.
On my own.

£170 for an exhaust is pennies.

I'm not too to argue with you... Just echo the buy cheap buy twice mantra.

Same here fella, same here! I dont usually go cheap like i said in my previous post...this is the first time i have done so! You obviously earn more than me so i had to buy according to what i could afford after everything else i had just paid for.
it wasnt £170 for the exhaust either...just the rear silencer. I dont understand how you can say £170 is pennies...thats ridiculous...of course its alot of money, or it is to me anyway, & truth be known its alot to most people...only reason i got all this stuff is cos i had a PPI claim accepted.

£170 is nothing for a quality product. The real Spoon is more than twice that for a reason, it is a 100% quality product, built by people who are there to produce the best they can and stake a reputation on it. If you buy cheap products, from shoddy backstreet shops, don't cry when it all goes tits up.

Nobody is crying about anything... I accept the mistake i made...am just trying to prevent anyone else making the same mistake. What the hecks wrong with people on here...why does everyone want to have a go?!?!? I was just warning others to stay clear of this company...this is getting out of hand now. The only one with anything constructive to say regarding this thread has been dotty.

£170 is nothing for a quality product. The real Spoon is more than twice that for a reason, it is a 100% quality product, built by people who are there to produce the best they can and stake a reputation on it. If you buy cheap products, from shoddy backstreet shops, don't cry when it all goes tits up.

I am new to this forum...is this how everybody is towards newcomers on here then?

Back