• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 What and when to buy?

Carwow today and an offer of £1215 off.
Discounts are here.
Yep, I updated the original search I put in for a Championship White GT and have 5 offers.
4 of them are full retail at £33520, but 1 dealer(coincidentally the closest to me) is offering the car at £32279, a discount of £1241.

What's going off with that price?
3.5k over list price for a car registered this month and already done 500 miles. :D
Looking at the description it has 19" wheels and also has a "Roof" :lol:
I'm not even going to bother saying what I think of the price. ;)

3.5k over list price for a car registered this month and already done 500 miles. :D
Looking at the description it has 19" wheels and also has a "Roof" :lol:
I'm not even going to bother saying what I think of the price. ;)

It’s also shrunk in the wash at 4.39m :lol:

Does anyone have any info on whether there might be a special edition (paint) or RR version coming out in the next 6 months? Seen bits of rumours on there being more models in the pipeline

Currently debating what I'm going to replace the type r with

Last edited by a moderator:
I am no expert but seeing as the regular civic is not long out I don't think we will see a facelift in 2018....Jan 19 earliest maybe....

Definitely think the car can take more power and torque so would like to see a special edition....Mugen actually dumbed down the styling on the fk2 for theirs so let's see.

Yanks are saying a cheaper entry level Type r with less toys is on its way but can't see that in a million years

I hazard a guess at the normal car life cycle...facelift in April 19 and replacement January 22.

And the usual couple of added extras for each reg change.

Does anyone have any info on whether there might be a special edition (paint) or RR version coming out in the next 6 months? Seen bits of rumours on there being more models in the pipeline

Currently debating what I'm going to replace the type r with

RR version interesting concept...wasn’t it touted for the FN2?

Personally can’t see it happening unless it’s ring record is broken

The cup version is released second with circa 300 bhp plus 4 wheel steering so gonna be very interesting....if that doesn't win there may be a .r version I am sure although with no 3 door version (like the clubsport s VW) stripped out caged 5 door racer will be a first...

I've said this before...but if you are continually waiting for something potentially better then you could end up never buying anything at all.....because there will always be something better if you wait long enough.
The 10G Civic is only just out, so a facelift model is too far away to think about.
I remember when I had Mk.3 Focus ST's.....the first model was released around September 2012, then the facelift in January 2015.
If you like a car now then buy it. :)

Can break PCP deals early anyway, so take the plunge on the FK8 imo. I said to my dealer when buying mine could I swap early should a Mugen version or something like that appear and you can. Loving it so much though, that it'd have to be incredible for me to think about changing.

Can break PCP deals early anyway, so take the plunge on the FK8 imo. I said to my dealer when buying mine could I swap early should a Mugen version or something like that appear and you can. Loving it so much though, that it'd have to be incredible for me to think about changing.

Yes you can end a PCP deal early but it will typically cost you more.
Maybe less in the case of the FK8 if the depreciation remains low, but I would not enter a PCP thinking you can leave it early without additional costs.
You can withdraw from a PCP deal penalty free within the first 14 days, which is a great way to benefit from PCP dealer contributions without being tied into a 2,3,4yr PCP deal.

The only way to reduce the damage is to increase your initial deposit.
It's explained really well on this website, far better than any dealer will explain it.
http://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/settle-a-pcp-early-2/

I don't think it will be much longer before PCP turns into another PPI scandal. I was in 2 different dealers recently and in both cases overheard people being completely missold PCP, in one case was to a retired couple who were completely baffled by the numbers being quoted to them, but they still signed on the dotted line.

I'm surprised they didn't keep the all black theme with the carbon spoilers, to the eye they look no different colour coded

Back