• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 What and when to buy?

In the EP3 torque is limited in every gear. Tdum tshhhhch

I'm here all week folks.

I just went from what that guy said, 5.8.
That's because it is 5.8 to 62mph :)
I don't know where the guy with the weird unpronounceable username got 5.5. :confused:
The official top speed of the FK8 is a ridiculous 169mph. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yawn. Just buy the one you like and **** what everyone else thinks. The FK8 is a ‘better’ car technically. They both have pro’s and cons and people will like bits of one they don’t like about the other. It’s opinion. You will always get people defending the FK2 as they have just spent 30K on a car that’s been replaced. You will also get people defending the purchase of an FK8 as they need to justify why it’s better than its predecessor. It’s the evolution of the FK2. However it is only 6 seconds faster over 13 miles. The average driver will not find the improvements when the 2 are sat side by side at the traffic lights. Buy the car that makes you feel like spending 30K. I like both cars but prefer the FK2. That’s the one I purchased. Does it really matter about residual value and how much they depreciate over the next few years? I paid cash for mine and plan to own it for 10 years. I’ll worry about what it’s worth later after I’ve put 100,000 miles on it. Until then I’m going to continue to customise and improve my car in ways that I like and not worry about opinions. I know for a fact that there are no FK8’s out there that can match mine for pace right now. And there won’t be for some time. Standard it’s the better car. Sit it next to mine and it won’t be.
*Cough*

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I’m confused...

That reinforces what I said almost exactly. I say “technically it’s the better car” I also state “standard it’s the better car”. And I stand by the fact that my FK2 was faster than my stock FK8.

I’m not understanding the point you are trying to make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m confused...

That reinforces what I said almost exactly. I say “technically it’s the better car” I also state “standard it’s the better car”. And I stand by the fact that my FK2 was faster than my stock FK8.

I’m not understanding the point you are trying to make?

I dont understand the point you are trying to make mate.

One thread you are saying that your FK2 with 380bhp is not as fast as your new standard FK8 and then you come out with this. Lol

Im not trying to make a point but you contradict yourself a bit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The discussion on the other thread is which is the better car standard. Of course my FK2 was faster modified. But in standard trim the FK8 is quicker.

Okay I'm back in the game ! Just ordered a Champ White for March delivery. Got an amazing deal. Very very happy!

I don't think there are any amazing deals yet in the sense of 10% or more off a new order.
Used/ex demos at £29k can be a decent buy.
I've just placed an order with my local dealer for mid March delivery and although I did a bit of haggling I didn't go to the extreme or shop around all over the country.
I did a p/ ex and pushed them on the price and got £1700 above the WBAC figure and they also knocked £500 off the new car price.
So I kid myself I did a good deal, but who knows?
It's still a sellers market at the present.

The discussion on the other thread is which is the better car standard. Of course my FK2 was faster modified. But in standard trim the FK8 is quicker.

"I paid cash for mine and plan to own it for 10 years. I’ll worry about what it’s worth later after I’ve put 100,000 miles on it."

I think that's probably the gist of the *cough* comment mate :lol:

Gotta expect a bit of abuse when you buy an FK8 shortly afterwards. Loxy and Dotty got loads when they went through roughly 1,000 cars between them in 18 months.

Sure I've stated I'd never buy an FK8 across this forum too. We're flaky, so what!

I've yet to see any real deals/no one talks about them. Few early demo ones are under £30k now but that's all. There's always an offer on a Golf R/M140i/RS but I'm guessing the Type-R is still too new? Hopefully by March a few deals may come up

I've yet to see any real deals/no one talks about them. Few early demo ones are under £30k now but that's all. There's always an offer on a Golf R/M140i/RS but I'm guessing the Type-R is still too new? Hopefully by March a few deals may come up

I've just told you, as above, about my real deal ;)

Back