• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX S2K test drive

Scousefella

Mental for Oriental
Thanks to John Pease Honda in Braintree, Essex.:cool:

:twisted: OMG I truly love this car. :twisted:

After testing the FN2 CTR I took the keys to a Black Pearl S2000. Take her for a couple of hours he said. So I obliged.:eek: :D

I had the good lady with me who was not sure if she would be liking the S2K.:mad:

More about that later.

I started her from cold so I give the engine plenty of time to warm up whilst milling around in traffic near a busy shopping village. There had been some rain so I was very aware of how aware I needed to be.:smt103

I took a stretch of dual carriageway first and had a taste of old school VTEC in 2nd gear – Oh lord bring on the good times!!!! :smt077 :smt077 :smt077

At the end of the short stretch of dual carriageway was a roundabout with a wide exit so I put the S2K into it with some beans. Nice exit, no bad news and a great take off onto the long flowing A120 between Braintree and Colchester.:smt047 :smt047

By this time the lass had identified leather squeak.:smt102 She commented on the lack of traction between her ass and the leather seat.:roll: I was concentrating on the next overtaking space up ahead.:smt118 :twisted:

I took the car to my home and made sure it managed to get into my rear parking area without bottoming out on the chunky kerb lips – no problem there. I then took a squirt around some nice roads in and around Colchester which I know quite well.;)

Hey – the clouds are breaking – so there goes the roof. Topless motoring in February with the amazing aircon doing a fantastic job. :woot: :woot: :woot:

I popped into B+Q before leaving Colchester, my lad (CJN) was there (working) and the wind up factor was too good to miss. Sorry Carl, I know you liked it big time but you were working. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So once again I was on the open road, roof back up as the clouds were building again but enjoying every minute of it.

The brakes, steering and feeling of being so well planted on the road just make this an awesome car to drive. I have to have one.:smt054

On the way back to Braintree the lass was telling me how she had forgotten about the leather squeak and slight slip on the seat. She was more concerned with how much one would cost, how she really loves everything about it and how soon could we realistically have one!!!!!:wine:

I needed to hear nothing else.

So, now for the homework. I will need to sort out my finances and plans to accommodate this burning desire. I talked to Andy at John Pease Honda (after giving the keys back :noseblow: ) and although I do not expect to buy a new one, I think looking forward to buying one 18-24 months old would be quite realistic. That also gives me a good warranty situation and the biggest depreciation stage has already been and gone.

Myself and the lass have discussed colours and spec – Black Pearl GT with red and Black interior. I wanted NIOP but she actually convinced me to go Black. :lol:

Watch this space.

Scouse.

Never seen so many smilies in one post :lol:

Glad you enjoyed the drive though mate - no problems with size in the cockpit I take it?

And what about the new CTR drive? Or was it that forgetable? :lol:

Never seen so many smilies in one post :lol:

Glad you enjoyed the drive though mate - no problems with size in the cockpit I take it?

And what about the new CTR drive? Or was it that forgetable? :lol:

Size in the cockpit was fine mate - FN2 drive is in the test drive thread.:cool:

Great stuff - so looking forward to going topless soon then mate ;) :lol:

That'll teach me to look at the whole forum :oops:

Me going topless - now that is a sight for sore eyes!!!!:eek: :D

The way I see it Rich I have to have one.

The lass is now taking lessons so we will need a cheap runner for her to use when she passes, it makes sense to have an S2K parked around the back for me don't you think? :woot:

The lass is now taking lessons so we will need a cheap runner for her to use when she passes, it makes sense to have an S2K parked around the back for me don't you think? :woot:

Spot on mate - couldn't agree more!

I'd be doing exactly the same and kept the moded teg in the garage for my use only - If I was working back home - but that will have to come in future with a possible supra/evo parked up :cool:

For now it looks like a Seat diesel - all beit Revo'd once I get it :D

Makes perfect sense, and the other half might get a nice treat now and again if she's lucky!

(I mean a passenger ride mate, nothing stupid :lol: )

:cool: excellent choice Scouse

Hopefully we'll get some sun soon, then they really make sense.

Sounds like you had fun mate, now you know why i went back to one!! :cool:

Have a look in the classified UK section on s2ki, there are normally some nice examples found on there and well maintained.

The hardtop will be coming off mine soon ready for the summer, i can't wait!! :D

:cool: Now you have the addiction........ You prefer the engine noise over the EP3 CTR? That was my favorite bit, the noise factor when in VTEC. :cool:

Hmm I need a test drive :twisted:

Emma was on about getting one a while back, Maybe she should book a test drive :twisted:

:cool: Now you have the addiction........ You prefer the engine noise over the EP3 CTR? That was my favorite bit, the noise factor when in VTEC. :cool:

The engine note is fantastic - puts the K20 into the lower league straight away. At 9,000 rpm it really does exercise those facial muscles with major smiles all round!!! :twisted:

I just did a quick insurance quote..

Direct line - £733.95

I thought it would be more.

scouse did you fit in it alright? i really want one but i'm just too big. think i may be alright if i lose weight lol

scouse did you fit in it alright? i really want one but i'm just too big. think i may be alright if i lose weight lol

I thought it would be a real struggle fella but I have had no problems. I have lost a little weight but I am still far from nimble and dainty. :oops:

Try one for size.:cool:

Back