• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by ALCTR

1. ALCTR

75000 mile service due

ive thought about doing it myself but the dealers price is winning at the moment, got a call back from them and its now £340 for the big service! im hoping to treat myself to brakes aswell, where did you get yours from Wilcs???
  2. ALCTR

75000 mile service due

Excellent news! Ive been quoted £350-£400 by Honda and the other garages I've checked are all around the same price!
  3. ALCTR

75000 mile service due

hello guys, as it says im due the BIG one in the next 800 miles!! can anyone tell me if they change or adjust the chain on this service? i had my valve clearences checked on the last service for peace of mind really so i shouldnt need that done again unless they are going to do it anyway?? what...
  4. ALCTR

humming noise from engine bay??

haha must be a loud one yeah im sure it will be fine, nice to know im not the only one with the same curiosity :)
  5. ALCTR

craigsy46, cheers mate, it does sound like exactly the same fault, its as if the filter is really pulling the air through, gives the impression of a fan being stuck on, strange one but thanks for the input :) griffin831, i know what you mean mate, but its difficult to hear it once you play...
  6. ALCTR

just had a look at it again, it doesnt change pitch at all. its probably always been like that and now im just noticing it
  7. ALCTR

not sure, i dont think so but its hard to tell
  8. ALCTR

removed that a while ago mate, its not a heatshiled it sounds like the noise a fan or motor would make, a dull hummimg noise, maybe its just nothing and im being paranoid :)
  9. ALCTR

Mintex Brakes????

how much did you spend on your discs and pads mate?
  10. ALCTR

i dont think it is mate, i checked it and it seems intact! its not a rattle or buzzing ***, its a low tone humming??
  11. ALCTR

hey, i was topping up the oil earlier and started the car after... when i was poking about the engine bay, looking around and generally giving it a wipe, i noticed a strange humming noise coming from behind the engine block, down the back almost near the exhaust manifold or within that area, its...
  12. ALCTR

Mintex Brakes????

im pretty keen on them as they look pretty cool aswell as they are grooved and vented!! at £160 they are a pretty good deal for the set and ill fit them myself! just wanted to see if anyone knew about them as i hadnt heard before but looks like you do lads so thanks
  13. ALCTR

Mintex Brakes????

Does anyone know if Mintex Brakes are any good? im needing a new set and these are popping up on ebay for £160 for a full set??
  14. ALCTR

Changed battery now revs are dropping

ive had the same problem when ive disconnected the battery, the revs drop below 1k and feels as though the engine is about to cut out then it steadies itself........ when ive done this i usually take the car for a good drive, about an hour long! it tends to allow the ecu to steady itself and...
Back