• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Alex-CTR

1. Alex-CTR

EP3 Problems, VTEC Juddering And Bogging Down, Broken CD and Wheel Vibrations :(

Mines slightly different v tech works fine sometimes, engages with noise and acceleration, then other times the car revs to 8k but vtec never kicks in. The code readers are great bits of kit, I paid £20 for mine and I've had so much use out of it!
  2. Alex-CTR

EP3 Problems, VTEC Juddering And Bogging Down, Broken CD and Wheel Vibrations :(

No Mate, waiting on v tech solenoid filter from honda, taking ages to come in! Got my standard shocks and spring in the garage they just need fitting will get them done one weekend
  3. Alex-CTR

As chris said you can self diagnose but if not I bought this model http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/U480-OBD2-LCD-Car-Diagnostic-Scanner-Fault-Code-Reader-/270779044033 Was slightly more as I got it from a UK seller so I didn't have to wait for itHad mine scanned with a £900 scanner that was Honda...
  4. Alex-CTR

Got the car back Friday, been on the phone to Honda and we are leaving the vtec solenoid untill we can get a replacement o ring seal for it so avoid it leaking when it's put back on. Oil and filter have been left untill after this aswell. There's also talk of an actuator on the engine which is...
  5. Alex-CTR

creaking/squeaking steering wheel noise

I have this also I've researched it and it appears to be link to two different parts My creaking was cause by damaged coil overs But if you search on YouTube for civic creaking or squeaking (can't remember which one) theres a guy on there posted up some videos which showed the same symptoms...
  6. Alex-CTR

Right chaps bit of an update Been in the garage today and will be there tomorrow aswell Steering problem is cause the coil overs have bit the dust so I'm after standard shocks and springs to replace them Vtec problem so far is still there after Spark plugs Valve clearances New front lambda...
  7. Alex-CTR

Yeah I agree Chris needed doing ages ago I just put it off as I had the parts recommended to change in my house so wanted that done before it went in. Sure you will agree a cheap and easy fix is always what you hope for Getting valve timing checked when it's in garage, going to have to get this...
  8. Alex-CTR

Right here an update finally, decat and new front lambda sensor fitted today, hasn't fixed the problem. Car is much pokeyer but still no vtec 90% of the time. Revs holding at random points above 6200rpm like a rev limiter still. Car is just stupidly loud now aswell :( The guy at the exhaust...
  9. Alex-CTR

Not at all mate, glad of the advice. The TPS I another thing that keeps popping up when I've researched the issue I will look at prices for them if I have no luck. I have a lambda to put in with the decat so hopefully kill 2 birds with one stone there and sort it.
  10. Alex-CTR

Not yet mate, haven't had time get this cat sorted out with work. Getting a decat sorted instead and just banging that in, then if no luck goin to look at valve clearances and vtec solenoid etc Again thanks for all the input from people as I say it's down to time I haven't been able to get the...
  11. Alex-CTR

Could an oil leak cause the problem, just noticed that the bottom of my engine has a coating of oil on the left hand said (gearbox is on the right) would have thought I'd get a pressure fault if it was mind. Not noticed the car using any oil at all though. Just sorting the cat out now should be...
  12. Alex-CTR

How Much Can Be Made From Breaking a 2002 Pre Face Lift Type R Civic

Yeah, if its somewhere near £3k I can see people being tempted as there are some really cheap ones about now! Then theres the shell that can be weighed in for scrap.
  13. Alex-CTR

Yeah that's buy it now seen a working one go for £900 bidding up the other day and about £600 with issues. Seen some very tempting cosworth engines on there two ! :) but £6k is very steep!
  14. Alex-CTR

Guessing the only really hard bit is getting the engine and gearbox out, the rest would pretty straight forward I would think. Depends on the price of second hand stuff!
  15. Alex-CTR

Was just out of interest really cause I've seen rough ones going for £2500-3000 wondered what breaking a car would compare like.
Back