• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Chiffs

1. Chiffs

EP3 Workshop manual

Rapid share of ctr ep3 manual linked in this topic http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=207453
  2. Chiffs

a/c installed and working

Thats a lot cheaper than i thought then. Did you have a complete list of all the parts? or just use the ep manual? Condenser, thats the ac rad is it not? Sorry about all the questions but you got me thinking that i might do this now :)
  3. Chiffs

a/c installed and working

How long did getting all the bits together take and cost you? Interested in doing this to mine but dont know if i will be able to afford it as i have a baby on the way and they cost a shed load lol
  4. Chiffs

Any dads using Britax SHR 2 baby seat?????

Have a little one in the oven baking nicely at the moment and have been looking at car seats and prams today. Can any Dads tell me if the Britax ISO fix base for the Britax Baby-Safe Plus SHR 2 fits well in the back of a EP3 as this is looking like a firm favorite so far plus they do it in red...
  5. Chiffs

HELP, Strange Non Aircon pic request EP3

Won in court twice and the garage owner didnt turn up either time (time waster). Bailiffs could not collect anything from the garage as all the cars there where in previous owner names therefore legally not owned by the garage meaning that the bailiff could not seize them and sell off to get...
  6. Chiffs

Rear calipers, rebuild or replace (ep3)

Thanks for that Si :smt023
  7. Chiffs

That does not sound too bad price wise. Got a few days off next week so will be hunting prices from local motor factors.
  8. Chiffs

Its around £44 + vat not including the piston from honda. Have found so far, rebuilt caliper for £78 + vat, service kit £17.20 + vat and £20.65 + vat from http://www.brakesint.co.uk/index.html and they list nissin and lucas calipers for the rear. Mine has Nissin on the rear which im guess is...
  9. Chiffs

Thanks for the reply Mark The cable moves freely as does the handbrake arm on the caliper. The piston outer dust seal is shot although the piston does seem to move in/out freely, applying the handbrake and then releasing it causes the caliper to not quite release all the way as does the...
  10. Chiffs

I guess nobody has rebuilt a caliper on here then!!
  11. Chiffs

I have a slightly sticky piston on one side at the rear. Does anyone know anywhere to get a replacement caliper from or a rebuild kit from without using Honda as i dont like be told to bend over for a price. Only place i have found so far is biggred but they dont have any in stock:mad...
  12. Chiffs

Valve clearance affect fuel consumption??????

Yeah V power prices do suck, have only been using normal shell (dont do supermarket fuels). Think my massive drain pan 3ft x 2ft should do the trick for catching any fluid that misses the normal halfauds drain can i have. Oil im using silkolene pro S at about £40 for 5 litres and have done...
  13. Chiffs

Nice reply Chris, Happy to everything myself, only time i take a car to a garage is for MOT. Have built an 300hp 1.8 ltr nissan 200 sx engine before, done everything apart from the rebore and crank grind as those machines wont fit in the spare and the misses might go nuts if i start getting...
  14. Chiffs

:lol::smt014 She dont hang round thats for sure but all her journeys are stop go around town so no real chance of vtecing. On the open round its a different story for her:cool:
  15. Chiffs

Both myself and the wife use the car for work. Her driving is mostly town stop start type of driving (to see clients) where as mine is a little town and then a bit of B road driving (10miles to work). Average mileage to a tank has been around 230 -240 miles which im kind of happy with although...
Back