• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by doobs

1. D

Ep3 Type R Upper Engine Mount

Hi - I need to renew the upper engine mount (I think that is how it is known but it may also be known as a side mount?) as shown in the pic on my 04 plate ep3 type r - the facelift/revised one with indicators in door mirrors - I would rather get a new mount rather than used but just wondering...
  2. D

how to replace fan switch dashboard light of honda civic ep3..please help

sorry to be thick, but can you/someone circle the bulb locations on the above picture - looks like a bulb on the black housing or is it the other two above? I don't see the sense of only having two as the lower dial is not lit (in my car) when it gets dark - seems a bit stupid to me - wonder if...
  3. D

how to replace fan switch dashboard light of honda civic ep3..please help

sorry to revive this after a while but my local Honda dealer advised that it appeared that there may be only 2 bulbs lighting all 3 rotary dials up - seems daft if that is true as lower fan speed dial is difficult to see in the dark - should there be a separate bulb for the fan speed lowest...
  4. D

Head Unit power feed issue?

Now resolved, still not sure where loose wire was connected, but we have spliced/connected a joining wire up to it via the power feed behind the cigarette lighter and it now works fine! I think wherever it was previously connected to was pretty dodgy as head unit would randomly not power on or...
  5. D

the 2 button fob??

don't know, my second hand fob was not even the same parts number (printed on white sticker on reverse of fob or on circuit board if you pop the fob case apart) as my original, but they both reprogrammed ok first time - I assume you know you have to program both/all fobs (touch lock or unlock)...
  6. D

Head Unit power feed issue?

Hi - we have recently bought a 2004 facelift type r - it had an aftermarket head unit installed. On the test drive, the head unit worked. Shortly after purchase, the head unit stopped working. I phoned the previous owner who seemed to know that there was an issue as he said to waggle a power...
  7. D

the 2 button fob??

If it is a facelift (late 53 reg onwards) until 2006, you should have a 2 button fob, which you program yourself (I have just done the same as you) as below - the key does have a transponder buried in the plastic head, but I am not sure about the transponder type as I am still trying to sort my...
  8. D

Couple of remote fob and key questions...

Just an update, managed to find used remote fob on ebay - took a chance with it as I had not checked the part number on the inner circuit board! Part number was slightly different (as I subsequently checked both the original remote fob and the ebay one) but after it reprogramming it, they both...
  9. D

Couple of remote fob and key questions...

Hi - we have just bought an 04 plate facelift ep3 CTR - it only has one key and one (worn) remote fob but works fine. However, we are trying to get a second key & fob (but want to avoid going to Honda for the supply of these) & then go to Honda solely for the programming side of things if need...
Back