• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Eddie Z

1. E

EP3 Battery light on, headlights dimming at lower revs

I think there's a checking procedure in the work shop manual for the ELD but it's cheap and easy to replace.
  2. E

EP3 Battery light on, headlights dimming at lower revs

Hi, You should check the ELD (Electrical load detector). A faulty ELD would cause just the symptoms you describe. Also if you have aftermarket audio equipment (or any other bigger electrical load) connected directly to the battery, the ELD doesn't know about those and can't boost the charging...
  3. E

P1361 (TDC sensor) and dead battery

The engine ground connects to the top of the engine mount on the chain side of the engine, right next to the alternator belt. I remembered wrong, it was actually the gearbox ground that was the worst condition but anyway affected the voltage drop between the valve cover and battery. I also...
  4. E

New ECU has fixed everything! No more stalling and no more MIL :) I don't know what exactly was the problem, but I think that engine ground cable was the initial culprit. It was very rusty and I measured over 2V voltage difference between the battery and engine ground point. Probably the ECU...
  5. E

Help, after work done to it, fans not kick on

There are many places in the system where air may be trapped, so bleed according to the above instructions to make sure it is not the problem. Also here is some good info about low temp thermostats: http://www.tuneruniversity.com/blog/2012/04/low-temp-thermostats-whats-the-advantage/
  6. E

Help, after work done to it, fans not kick on

Hi, after draining and refilling the coolant you are supposed to heat up the engine with the cap off and the nose jacked up to remove the air. Did you do this? Also, you should check the fuse and relay for the fans. Since the fan switch is at the bottom of the radiator it may take a good while...
  7. E

Just to update: Replaced crank sensor and replaced bad looking engine ground cable... No effect on the problem. New ECU with K-Pro is coming soon. Since I ran the new TDC signal cable the car has not stalled once while driving, but still does it cold on idle.
  8. E

The guys from local Honda called and they had been in touch with the factory for more information. Sadly they had no tips other than to try running new wires from ecu to the TDC sensor and maybe trying a new crank position sensor. I have not tried revving to redline cold and don't really see the...
  9. E

Just a quick update: They changed the sensor again and said it was fixed. But just as soon as I started the car at the garage and waited for a couple of minutes... It cut out and gave the same code. A day after this the car got really jerky and eventually wouldn't start. I got a P1362 (TDC...
  10. E

I've checked everything I can think of and the problem still exists. I'm taking it to Honda next week so we'll see if they can figure it out. I'll update once I get it back. I think the guys from the above post have a different problem, since mine is running ok and just cuts out on idle or...
  11. E

Stutter going into vtec

It could also be worn engine mounts. The vtec engagement is quite noticable on stock ECU map atleast, so if the engine mounts give way that will amplify the effect. Other than that, it could be the vtec solenoid itself. Anyway, if everything is stock and working I still wouldn't describe the...
  12. E

Cuts out ep3 civic type r

Did you get this sorted? Was there a fault code? I have a similar issue... http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?98342-P1361-%28TDC-sensor%29-and-dead-battery
  13. E

EP3 Buying parts for my ep3 type r. Where to shop ?

I'd reconsider the handbrake cables, they are rarely so stretched that they can't be adjusted and very expensive for this car. If you have trouble with the handbrake holding, it's going to be worn calipers. The handbrake has it's own piston in the caliper and I think it can't be replaced. New...
  14. E

I finally managed to replace the TDC sensor and it made no difference. Also checked the valve clearances and camshaft endplay. Fortunately there was no issues there. Now I can't think of anything other than a wiring problem for the sensor. Lately the car has also died a few times while driving...
  15. E

Hello, I'm still having the same issue. I tried cleaning the throttle body and IACV because I thought the wandering idle may have something to do with the engine cutting out. I also checked and cleaned the TDC sensor connector. The result was steady idle when warm, but the car still dies after...
Back