• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Ely62

1. E

Brake fluid top up?

sounds like they've done a top up and not a change from what you've said
  2. E

Brake fluid top up?

Not too hard to bleed yourself as long as the nipples aren't corroded! Also you'll need another person to help. Brake fluid absorbs water over time so will reduce it's boiling point causing spongy brake pedal feel. The colour of the old fluid will probably be black and dirty.
  3. E

EP3 front wobble

Maybe you've hit a pot hole and damaged something? As mentioned get suspension and steering checked on a ramp. Hope you get it sorted!
  4. E

Home page - Christmas 2011???

Time for an update maybe?
  5. E

Ted's track day EP3

What tracks have you driven?
  6. E

Nighthawk black ep3

I put led lights inside my dc2 for the interior light, simple but effective way to make it a bit more modern inside. I also changed the dash lights for white led bulbs
  7. E

FN2 and EP3 Chilling in sun!

Both cars looking tidy
  8. E

Pressure Washer Power

A entry level karcher washer works wonders, buy a snow foam attachemt for it at the same time.
  9. E

Has anyone couriered ep3 seats??

Any courrier company will be able to ship them for you, just package them up with the mindset that they will get chucked around.
  10. E

Car taking on water Help

Could have a leaking windscreen seal. Get someone to hose car and you look up in the footwell to try and see where leaking
  11. E

Sticking Valve

Get anywhere with this?
  12. E

Fixed but still not perfect

All running spot on now. Valve clearances checked and re adjusted. Spark plugs have been re gapped and tiny split in exhaust back box welded up. Producing nice healthy compression as well! She's running sweet now. Just need the weather to get a bit dryer
  13. E

Sticking Valve

Get the head off and go from there mate. It's going to be one of those things that you don't know until you can look at it and asses the situation. You could suggest a few things but until the heads off you just don't know. How do you know it's not the piston rings causing low compression?
  14. E

Fixed but still not perfect

Head all back together and on the block, went for RR today and AFR's checked- all ok tiny bit lean at VTEC but then richen's up. Dyno operator said nothing to be concerned about. BUT power at the wheels is down :-( it was 162 at the fly compared to 185 at the fly 2 years ago. I'm going to run...
  15. E

EP3 overheating

How long have you left it stationary for while running? When you say shoots straight up, how high? Have you left it stationary for 5 minutes or so while engine running to see if the fan turns on?
Back