• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Guy

1. Guy

Thinking of doing a track day in my ctr HELP total noob here !

I would recommend track day Insurance if your concerned, accidents can happen through no fault of your own, buying a £1,000 car can be a good option.
  2. Guy

Fast road pads? red or green stuff?

Those who have recommended the DS2500 are not wrong, I took the advice and used them on a track day, incrediable braking with OEM discs.
  3. Guy

EBC pads - which ones?

Just done a track day with the Ferodo ds2500 pads which were awsome so thanks for all the feedback. There were loads of Honda's down at Snetterton today from another owners club however 1 ended up on a flatbed after crashing heavily and written off (s2000)
  4. Guy

EP3 tyre advice needed

I run 205 40 17 yokohama parada 2 and happy with them as well as the cost.
  5. Guy

Tyres sizes for track?

Price wise 16" are generally more expensive than 17" which is more common, 55 in my view would be a high profile so maybe look at a 50 series, price wise Yokohama or Toyo are good brands its really up to you how much budget you have, I run Yokohama Parada 2 which are fine.
  6. Guy

EBC pads - which ones?

Funny you mentioning those disks on ebay as I bought them in a stupid mindset that drilled grooved were good and got mislead on the ad thinking the disks were brembo which they are not. Put them on and they were a mile out of balance so sent them back and went for OEM disks which are fine, used...
  7. Guy

EBC pads - which ones?

Are the ferodo 2500 pads good for road driving as well as track?
  8. Guy

EBC pads - which ones?

Cheers all, will run F2500 and go from there.
  9. Guy

EBC pads - which ones?

I could change the lines it's just budget really Dotty, had a look and think I will go with ferodo 2500 which are more than i really wanted to spend but will go with the views on here, they must be a vast improvement over std brembo pads. Any advice on brake fluid?
  10. Guy

EBC pads - which ones?

Thanks for all the advice I never considered ferodos so will look into this, I want to stick to the std disk as only just bought them so will try new ferodos pads or maybe yellow ebc. I don't want to change brake lines really, am running dot 4 fluid do I need to upgrade this on std set up with...
  11. Guy

EBC pads - which ones?

Just need some advise on brakes, have just done a track day with standard OEM brand new disks and brembo std pads, on excessive heat I was getting the brake pedal pulsating, once cooled down they were fine again. I dont think the dics are the issue so have drawn it down to the pads not able to...
  12. Guy

Ferrari Race Car stolen from Norwich

Feel so sorry for this owner hence posting: http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/did_thieves_steal_170_000_ferrari_racing_car_to_order_1_1688826
  13. Guy

How much Fuel, Trackday CTR ?

Interesting you mention M3 drivers not having a clue, one time I went the 3 series (95 N reg with fake M badges) was thrown of the track by the marshals for blocking a faster car, (he was weaving down the straight), what a plank!
  14. Guy

How much Fuel, Trackday CTR ?

Yep there all good points, are you saying non drilled/grooved discs are better with say ebc pads?
  15. Guy

FK2 FK2 general discussion

It looks ok and 5 door may sell better than 3dr appealing to those who have kids, the back end for me is the issue as it was with the FN2 just not into big arses!
Back